Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2011, 01:23 AM
i agree with you... teams of more then 5 would be great, to example 10 would be a good idea...
maybe not at the beginning of the game or some quests you online play to level up, but in the end content...
hope this could be inspirational to some devs... :-)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2011, 01:50 AM
We would love to do this. First on our list is getting the Fleet Action lobby setup (the pve queue) so you can setup up to four 5-man teams before launching the Fleet Action.

Once that is live then we can start looking at various content that could be appropriate for a 10-man run.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We would love to do this. First on our list is getting the Fleet Action lobby setup (the pve queue) so you can setup up to four 5-man teams before launching the Fleet Action.

Once that is live then we can start looking at various content that could be appropriate for a 10-man run.
I think some UI tweaks will be needed as currently the screen gets a little full with 5 imagine 10!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2011, 02:38 AM
I personally would not want to see this sort of thing prioritised over say, making the fleet actions worth doing - fixing difficulty, group queuing and so on - or, revamping the STF's (adding them to the difficulty slider is what i mean) - the game does have a (limited) endgame currently - it's just open to the select few because of an arrogant and narrowminded developer's need to bignote himself at the expense of the majority of the playerbase's gaming by using a principle for endgame content design that is outdated to say the least and completely out of synch with the rest of the content and gaming experience in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Uh... Perhaps a bit less hostile with the language there, I haven't gotten to 'end game' yet, but I'm pretty well seeing that Cryptic's strategy is less of a 'endgame' content and a more evenly distributed accessability to content, as with the Weekly series, and now the Foundry missions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Awesome we definitely need the ability to link more teams during fleet actions. How many fleet actions have I not done with my fleet just because there weren't enough people to make up a 2nd or third team. Instance issues are a pain in the bottom.

However if your talking about more than Five in a STF type mission. No thank you.

10 player specific missions has me very excited. Massive armada Battles with a defensive objectives for Feds please. I'm sick of fleet actions being bent on a conquest play style.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2011, 04:53 AM
I like the idea, but most people in STO can't be bothered to team anyway, so I don't see it happening any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

There's already something in the game that direly needs 10 man teams. Cap and Holds, or Interfleet pvp challenges.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Please don't flame me for this... but before you increase the max number of people who can team, make the STFs playable solo
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Please don't flame me for this... but before you increase the max number of people who can team, make the STFs playable solo
Dropping it to three minimum isn't good enough?

I suppose I wouldn't mind the option of going full solo on it, but only if they didn't give out the Borg Set or the badges/marks/whatever it is for Borg gear for the "solo" STF difficulty.