Lt. Commander
# 61
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragoon View Post
I see Syndicate Extraction is now live on Holodeck. Congrats on being the first player-made mission on the live server, and the first of many.
That raises the question in my mind. Is the Foundry fully integrated into Holodeck so I can log in tonight and start transferring my mission from Tribble to Holodeck right away?

Lt. Commander
# 62
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
That raises the question in my mind. Is the Foundry fully integrated into Holodeck so I can log in tonight and start transferring my mission from Tribble to Holodeck right away?

no not yet.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo View Post
no not yet.
I have a bad feeling about this...

Lt. Commander
# 64
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
I have a bad feeling about this...

No, Stormshade has been working to move a few of the choice foundry missions over to Holodeck manually to give the general population an early taste of user-generated mission.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
I see Syndicate Extraction is now live on Holodeck. Congrats on being the first player-made mission on the live server, and the first of many.
It is? Dang, where's the public announcement?
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
No, Stormshade has been working to move a few of the choice foundry missions over to Holodeck manually to give the general population an early taste of user-generated mission.
Yes, but we still don't know when the Foundry toolset itself would be open to the public so that authors, like myself, could port their existing missions from Tribble to Holodeck, and not knowing worries me.

I worry too much, I know, my wife tells me that all the time. Thing is, whenever I take a break to stop worrying and smell the roses, it turns out there was a bee waiting just for me to pick that particular rose so I get stung and end up with a red aching, huge nose.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
That said, I'd like to suggest you transfer an equal number of both Fed and KDF episodes, otherwise the KDF players wont get any fun out of your awesome surprise.
Well, that didnt happen. Too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the congrats! It's so cool to see it on the live server and I wasn't expecting it to be the first one I saw up on there. I heard that The Longing was up at the same time too but then disappeared for a bit and came back again? I know it's up now, along with Unholy Alliances.

Quote:
The dark side of it being the first up early taste though, is that not all people were aware of some of the limitations of the Foundry tools and open problems, such as the pathing issues ground boffs have getting around the maps and it's got hammered by people saying negative things as if I programmed the paths for the boffs myself. The general public who never ventured on to tribble aren't aware that all foundry missions are like that.

There's also people talking about the crates in the hallways they get stuck on - those are part of the pre-fabricated map and I can't take those off manually. And of course there's the rare issue where the player throws a plasma grenade or something at a group of enemies that also kills the NPC (meant to be invincible) contact they are meant to be talking to and complain about there being "missing" NPCs.

I was hoping that issues like these could have been fixed before the public got their hands on it, but I'm still honored to have been picked in the first place and given this opportunity, and the majority of reviewers so far seem to have been very kind and constructive!

Quote:
Yes, but we still don't know when the Foundry toolset itself would be open to the public so that authors, like myself, could port their existing missions from Tribble to Holodeck, and not knowing worries me.

I worry too much, I know, my wife tells me that all the time. Thing is, whenever I take a break to stop worrying and smell the roses, it turns out there was a bee waiting just for me to pick that particular rose so I get stung and end up with a red aching, huge nose.
There's been a date on dstahl's thread for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Feb 24 (Thursday) HOLODECK Update
  • Feature Episode Preparations
  • C-Store: Open Jacket Uniform
  • Foundry Beta on HOLODECK (very tentative)
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
There's been a date on dstahl's thread for ages.
Just cause there's a date out there doesn't mean that's exactly when the product will be out and usable, you know?

Lt. Commander
# 70
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Any ideas when the next group of Foundry Missions might transfer over?