Lt. Commander
Hello;

I am having an issue with the subject mission. I can't seem to pick up the 'nerve tonic'. The bartender says he'll set it on the bar, but I can't select it and pick it up even though I get a menu option to take it. Is this a bug or am i missing something simple?

Thanks for the help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf88
Hello;

I am having an issue with the subject mission. I can't seem to pick up the 'nerve tonic'. The bartender says he'll set it on the bar, but I can't select it and pick it up even though I get a menu option to take it. Is this a bug or am i missing something simple?

Thanks for the help.
I had a similar problem once or twice, even knocked the glass to the floor. Still the location to pick it up is consistent, if a bit fidgity. Wander around the end of the bar closest to the lady you are getting the toddy for on the same side as the bar tender and the option to pick it up should pop up on top of the dialogue to mix a drink.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Thank you, the thing is, I do get the option to pick up the drink, but when I select it, nothing happens. I can talk to the bartender but the pick up the drink comand dosen't work....
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Sorry boss sounds like it is broken. If it were me i would restart the entire game and try to get back in with in fifteen minutes so I did not lose too much progress. That or drop a GM ticket and wait till they find time.Oh yeah if you hit support here on the main page and select live chat support you should get help a bit faster but I don't know if they can do as much as an in game GM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Thank you, the thing is, I do get the option to pick up the drink, but when I select it, nothing happens. I can talk to the bartender but the pick up the drink comand dosen't work....
Is your inventory full? You can't take new items when your inventory is full.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Is your inventory full? You can't take new items when your inventory is full.
Brilliant Cosmic_One. I never thought of that and it gets me all the time when I turn in missions. *Kicks self in butt*
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Is this a bug or am i missing something simple?
I'm going with bug.

I replayed this mission just after Season 3 went live on Holo and the bar keep wouldn't give me the nerve tonic either.

There was an option to pickup the juice, but it didn't actually do anything when selected. No cocktail glass graphic on the bar to pickup either, and I didn't have a nerve tonic (a unique item) in my inventory, bank or officer device trays.
A copy of the holographic serial killer must have travelled back in time with me, spiriting the glasses away before I could pick them up. Why he didn't just kill me I'll never know. :p

So, I left the mission, flew to Drozana, bought a nerve tonic from the exchange, re-entered the mission, maimed the Devidians and poor crossfire victims... again , shoved the drink at the wretched lush bonnie-kins, took my TOS weapons and cried all the way to ESD.

^ Not an ideal solution to the problem since you have to redo the ground combat, but it does allow you to complete the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm having the same problem and have put in a request for GM help. I've done this before on my sci toon.. No doubt about it this is a glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone and Ion.soul, you explained it perfectly *Bow*. It has to be a bug and yes, i put in a ticket but haven't gotten a response. I may just have to head out, buy the damn drink 'now' and take it back 'then'. That would make it the oposite of a 'well aged tipple' wouldn't it? Time travel makes my head hurt....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Ditto with me. I have exited the game and am going to see if that helps.