Lt. Commander
# 31
02-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
A while a go I made a prediction along the lines of this:
  • Feds will whine and demand Klingon Toons - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Cloaked Ships - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Ships with Universal Boff Slots - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand KDF Faction Boffs - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Pet Targs - Whine Partly Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Klingon Vessels
  • Feds will whine and demand access to the Klingon Only Missions
  • Feds will whine and demand access to Qo'nos
Its sad but we have now reached over the half way point on my list.
Its like a bloody nursery in here, with children screaming because they want the toy the other kid has, not because they actually want it, but because the other kid does.

KDf faction players get a hard time on these forums, every day there are threads created stating the the KDF faction are always whining that they dont have enough lovin.
Well here is a shock for you, we dont!

You can have the targs, the Cloaks, the KDF boffs and the Universal Boff Slots, But that it, no more, give us the same level of clothing customisation, give us the same level of ship customisation. Give us the same number of PvE missions (and no not player made pap, proper missions!). Give us access to the rest of the galaxy! I know a lot of KDF stuff is being created and will eventually arrive, and when it does, then and only then you can start spitting your dummy out of your pram and starting screaming about sodding equality when it comes to the factions!

I know a lot of KDF stuff is being created and will eventually arrive,
Ummm.. brah... not sure what your getting at seeing as I pretty much are on the ropes fighting for klingons and getting things discussed one getting new ships...200 vet rewards ect..

Devs made the targs available during aniversary, seeing that was done, and it was originally listed as a klingon only item.. damage has been done, so now just make it be allowed to be given to our fed toons.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Ummm.. brah... not sure what your getting at seeing as I pretty much are on the ropes fighting for klingons and getting things discussed one getting new ships...200 vet rewards ect..

Devs made the targs available during aniversary, seeing that was done, and it was originally listed as a klingon only item.. damage has been done, so now just make it be allowed to be given to our fed toons.
Get over the 'damage' was done stuff already, Klingons got Selahts as well. It was a special thing.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Agreed, leave it as it is!
Besides its ridiculous anyway, a Starfleet admiral running around Earth Space Dock with his pet *****cat (and now piggy!).
The place looks like a zoo.
IMO no pets allowed on ESD, its not realistic and its not canon!
(Desperately trying to remember if Archer took Porthos with him when he reported to Starfleet HQ)
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Mine isn't a pet, I pretend I'm going to shoot it unless Klingon captains drop thier shields. Like this http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3251316_f520.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Funny how that's kinda like Real Life...

People use to complain loudly (and some still do) about how the different races inter-mingling will dilute the gene pool and cause the ruination of mankind...

Ignorance may be bliss but sometimes, it's just plain foolish...
Of course its stupid in real life...but even in melting pot countries, there is resistance to a large influx of any outsider, especially those that threatened to undermine the original groups dominant status.

I role play in game and in forum (Borg also)as a Klingon. I also desire a Trek universe that resembles canon as much as possible. I always desire we look to canon first, then tread carefully as a we move away from it. Frankly, I'd expect the Klingons to demand nothing less than a Klingon-centric way of operating within its Empire. Even when it allied with the Feds, it made sure that it maintained its Klingon values and Klingon ways of doing things. I have no doubt it would demand that to even a greater degree for those whom they have Imperialized and taken into their fold.

Lastly, as a distinct faction, I desire there be a difference...that it not be only superficial...because what is the use of two such polar groups being at odds and in conflict, if you tak eevery opportunity to blur the rift. It is the contrasts that make perpetuating the conflict so innate and "real" for the players. The "Us vs Them" is always cemented in the hearts if humans by the explicit and visual differences. It triggers a natural "group" mentality that this conflict (in story and when the PvP war comes out) depends on.

The rift in game needs to be "felt" to some extent y the player base, in order to fuel the PvP content...the desire for more Klingons is only an superficial desire on my part for canon reasons and role playing issue on my part as a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Get over the 'damage' was done stuff already, Klingons got Selahts as well. It was a special thing.
I find it humerous that the people who are against, again i have 2, are the people that have one that feel "unique" as like I mentioned everything has to be fair, as how it has began through all the preorders that people moaned about because they didnt have it, such as the galaxy x that was only to be a referal program reward. Also how I find irony that certain individuals find it ok to cry for a fed carrier which klingons have....

Now here.. a klingon "ahem myself" saying give the feds something that was given during a "special" to them...

It may have been a special, like other things, but no one especially now should have anything that others cant get. Its been a trending motion ever since the game came out there would be no elitest setting, at first i fround on it.. you can go back to my posts, but things are the way they are now...

So please just becauce you may have one and want to feel unique allow others to obtain one. Klinks have been singled out alot, but things change and have been slowly getting better. Targs point out were given to feds for aniversary special.. i get that and thats great, but due to that, its not fair others cant have the same things those that managed to loot them in a pool.

THERE ARE NO RARES
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I think the Klinks should have access to all the tribbles and Feds have access to Targ. Seems fair to me. They already had access to the Sehlat. I was lucky enough to get a targ for my one fed toons from the fountain, but it would be cool if all Feds had access to them and have it was account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
Agreed, leave it as it is!
Besides its ridiculous anyway, a Starfleet admiral running around Earth Space Dock with his pet *****cat (and now piggy!).
The place looks like a zoo.
IMO no pets allowed on ESD, its not realistic and its not canon!
(Desperately trying to remember if Archer took Porthos with him when he reported to Starfleet HQ)
this is a soft canon game dude, get over it. Devs already mentioned this several times over and iam sure they have enouph tylenol by there desks when people shout out it has to be cannon... NO it dosnt lol

NX flying in space alone has chucked canon out of the door.. no matter what the description states, that starfleet "re engineered" it to be up to date..

Your telling me a federation cant find a planet with a targ and capture it.. heck even a klingon officer in starfleet.. give me a break
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM
im a little teapot