Lt. Commander
# 61
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
The only thing that's being changed/taken away is the Original Version-Accolade Title.
That would be the content that the poster you quoted suggested NOT be removed.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Is this just going to be for this one Accolade? Or we going to see others get a similar treatment as well?

Dunno... Depends on the mission and the accolade, if it doesn't fit the mission I'll retire it. Although I doubt there are many that don't fit.
But we would be notified that these changes are going to occur, yes?

Quote:
Also, does this mean we will get hints to accolades we missed without having to research them at fansites that lists all accolades?

Generally theres always a hint or two in a mission if there is a accolade to be had, but figuring that out on your own is part of what makes them fun to collect. They will never be listed in the mission tracker if that's what your asking, that makes them too easy.
Well of course I don't want something as silly easy as that. But perhaps something pops up randomly a few days or a week after the mission, you could have your BO's give you a hint that you missed an exploration accolade.

As for Hints already in-game, no offense, but I never really noticed any "hints" when it came to the exploration accolades. Some of them stood out right at you, but others didn't grab your attention. For instance Tribble mountain, theres nothing that says "I gotta look from here", normally people just go right in. Or standing in the Chief's pot on Aelas, or noticing the Ferengi's stash because the mission is usually over by then (I was lucky on my original character pre-accolades).

Another is the unachievable Mylassa accolade, it was hinted on the STO homepage, but nobody was able to unlock it. So nobody really knew.

Quote:
[One more thing, are we going to see revamp of DSE and Exploration Accolades as well?

Again, If and/or when those missions change, we will look at the accolades and adjust them if it's needed.
Well since DSEs are going to be changed soon, I won't have to think about it as much.

But makes me wonder why the 15/35/70 numbers were chosen in the first place. Outside of B'tran, doing these 70 times is rather torture. Especially given the havoc it causes the Lower Tiers and how empty they are at higher tiers. Would think that something more achievable for lower tiers like 3/5/10 or 5/10/15 would've given new people something to strive for.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
In therory a great idea you have there V_Silverwings. Now putting into action, tough to say how difficult it would be to code.

Thats the one downside to this game, that the forums are awash in good idea, but we have no idea how tricky they would be to implement.
Hard maybe but I'm not a developer so if the devs can do it, great it will help STFs and team missions form. If not, well at least tell us they can't and maybe offer an alternative;

Perhaps setup an open team queue and you can update the status as you go manually. For example you're a tac and so have a lfg status of eng and sci. When a sci arrives you update it to eng. There is a ladder already in place for pvp so to break it down in to tac/eng/sci rather than fed/kling/both I would think wouldn't be that hard. The hard part would be to impliment a 'leaders choice' for STFs as not everyone wants the same team arrangement or care (so have a universal fed/klingon option too.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

Plus, after reconsidering accolade retirement, I think I like that it kind of rewards players who've been around the game longer... There will be "items" (accolades) that we can have that new players won't have access to, simply because we've been around longer. A small reward for our loyalty/veteran-play status. Yeah. I like that.
Yeah, that's the very elitist "I deserve things simply because I started my subscription earlier than the new players" attitude that many basement dwellers have that is so good for making the game more appealing to new subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I'm not sure, but I think you missunderstood...

Gozer isn't removing the Azura mission, he's expanding upon it and adding several New Accolades that can be gained by doing specific things with each of the three class of toons. (TAC/ENG/SCI)

The only thing that's being changed/taken away is the Original Version-Accolade Title.
SOE likes to remove content from their games. We know how well that works out for them.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Yeah, that's the very elitist "I deserve things simply because I started my subscription earlier than the new players" attitude that many basement dwellers have that is so good for making the game more appealing to new subscribers.
Growth of new subscribers is important. More than that, it's all but required for the health of a game. Any business for that matter. Moreso for an MMO. You have a point.

If you keep new players from being able to get All The Stuff, there may be fewer of them. New Players don't want to feel like they're Behind the Curve with no way to catch-up. I get that. And I wouldn't vote for many exclusives, or on any real Game-Affecting items to be retired.

A small number of purely cosmetic things? Sure. Remember also, having an "elite" status can also keep those "basement dwellers" re-subscribing when the game is otherwise played-out to them.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
A small number of purely cosmetic things? Sure. Remember also, having an "elite" status can also keep those "basement dwellers" re-subscribing when the game is otherwise played-out to them.
My opinion is this community is better of without those who only continue paying their subscription because they have something which they feel makes them "better" than someone else. The dev team should work on bringing the community of players together, not come up with ways to separate them by "status". Should we also give out accolades for lifetime subscribers and those who spend certain dollar amounts in the C-Store?

How would those who are serious accolade hunters feel should they introduce a new accolade available only on the first run of a mission? If you've already completed that mission you are unable to obtain it giving new players the advantage? I doubt I'd be the only one unhappy with that and making something unavailable to new players is just as bad as making it unavailable to veteran players.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Can we have a way to get the(or a) medical symbol as a trophy again in future? I really had my heart set on it for my new medic I just created.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyNeo View Post
Can we have a way to get the(or a) medical symbol as a trophy again in future? I really had my heart set on it for my new medic I just created.
You can now get the accolade (Above and Beyond) and the U.S.S. Azura trophy by simply replaying the mission. You can find it in the Klingon Front section on your Replay console.