Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
just proves star wars tech Isnt good.
idk, ill admit on the norm/average, wars tech is lower than trek tech

BUT - star wars makes HUGE leaps in power like with the sun crusher, galaxy gun, death star, star forge, world devastators, eclipse star destroyer, centerpoint station, freedon nadd's head aches, palpatine's bad hair days, etc. :-P

they go from pop guns to elephant guns in a eye blink haha

p.s. star forge - most bad ass super weapon ever

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Forge

"The Star Forge is more than just a space station. In some ways, it is like a living creature. It hungers. And it can feed on the dark side that is within all of us."
―Darth Malak

Its like Earth's space dock, on several overdoses of horse steroids, with a personality. The personality of Charles Manson.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2011, 06:45 AM
I can't believe no one brought up The Shadows or The Vorlon. Not only do they have organic ships from fighters up to planet destroyers, but they'll mess with your minds directly and/or indirectly while they're at it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
I can't believe no one brought up The Shadows or The Vorlon. Not only do they have organic ships from fighters up to planet destroyers, but they'll mess with your minds directly and/or indirectly while they're at it.
Ah, I myself never heard of them but they sound cool.

Tyranid's have Cloverfield-sized monsters (in some cases much bigger) called Bio Titans who have the ability to psychically drive entire cities insane, while he physically eats them :-P

I guess upset humans are tastier humans.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
Ah, I myself never heard of them but they sound cool.

They were the oldest races in the Babylon 5 Universe, and caused alot of chaos and mayhem for the younger races
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Tyranids would eat 8472 and then have the Vong as desert.

Numbers: Tyranids

The Tyranids have devoured at least 1 entire galaxy. That is, they have absorbed all organic matter in said galaxy.

Tyranid Hive Fleets have been known to number in the billions of ships.

Weapons: Tyranids

Someone said that the Vong would gravitationally drop a Tyranid ship on a moon or planet. The Tyranids would say 'And?'. Tyranid ships drop (read: crash) onto planets all the time. It is the final stage of devouring a planet. They don't care about casualties. Because at the end of a battle, everything is just reabsorbed back into the hive ships to be dropped on another world.

Tyranid bioweapons and claws have been able to negate even the heaviest armors and shields the Imperium can produce. Borg and Vong forces wouldn't stand a chance.

Endurance: Tyranids

The only way to destroy the Tyranids is to kill the Synapse creatures and Norn Queens. Not an easy task by any means.
No, no no. You mixed up what I said. I said the MOON would crash into the SHIP, not the SHIP into the MOON.

Also: The Flood. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
And, just like the Undine, the Shadow in the Warp will probably drive THEM insane first. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
Also: The Flood. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.
Once again...and? There'll probably be a bit of a vicious cycle with Flood infesting Tyranids and Tyranids killing/eating Flood (which also leads one to wonder whether the infesting or synapse would ultimately be more powerful in controlling individual bugs). I would still say the Tyranids would eventually win. The Flood is fairly static and more of an elemental force, while the Tyranids have the Hive Mind and literally almost infinite flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances and overcoming an enemy. That, and they're just so much FASTER (basic assault troops have above-human reflexes, and the REALLY fun ones are literally almost too fast for the human eye to perceive).
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-12-2011, 10:32 AM
The Flood have a hive mind, too. The Gravemind.

The Forerunner's most powerful weapon, the Halo array, couldn't have wiped out the Flood. Only their food.

Also, the Flood can use technology, and in theroy would be able to take over entire Tyranid ships.

And if those ships are sentient....

It would lead to a quick transition to an Interstellar-class Flood, which is BIG trouble. Interstellar-class Flood can quickly infect entire galaxies, and quickly spread to others.

Hence the name, the Flood.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-12-2011, 10:37 AM
The Zerg are distinctively different enough. I say the Zerg. Who, ironically enough to the OP in fact were led by a red-headed step child.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
The Zerg are distinctively different enough. I say the Zerg. Who, ironically enough to the OP in fact were led by a red-headed step child.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No, they are a very obvious rip off the Tyrianids.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
The problem would be is that once the Tyranids ate the Flood or an organism containing the Flood and the Tyranids that ate the Flood are re-absorbed by the Hive Fleet, the Norn Queen would be able to produce offspring incorporating evolutionary defenses or even attributes of the Flood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No, they are a very obvious rip off the Tyrianids.
This. Much like everything else in Blizzard's -craft series, the Zerg are a blatant and inferior rip-off of Games Workshop's lines.