Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
One thing I would like that was present in similar City of Heroes type utilities are noise cleaners to remove pop up information or all characters/actors from a recording. Maybe an automated costume replacer would be nice as well as I find that pretty tedious to do manually.
I'll see, what I can do. This is very tricky stuff. But I like a challange.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Changelog 1.6.2
  • More useful date and time format that allows for correct sorting

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-12-2011, 06:04 PM
My sincere apologies, versions 1.6 and 1.6.2 were not able to launch demo files! Fixed it (hopefully).

Changelog 1.6.3:
  • Repaired damage done to launch sequence by adding the two additional columns

I'm really sorry. I hope, no one (except for the peps in the STOked chat) had enough time to download the dysfunctional versions.

Regards,
Rachel

P.S.: If you are interested: Adding the two additional columns changed the index of the "Server" column that is checked to determine which of the GameClient.exe's to run.

Metal note: Even if it the new feature works as intended, check if old ones are still functional
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Nice little app...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post
I'll see, what I can do. This is very tricky stuff. But I like a challange.
... Now if it had both PLAY and RECORD buttons it would be perfect!
(By RECORD I mean, of course, export each individually rendered frame)

Remove the ability to Double-Click a filename,
The PLAY would, obviously, replace the current START button, it's -demo_play etc would remain the same.
The new RECORD button is the same as PLAY but would be using the highlighted Filename within the:
-demo_movie_save Filename Parameter.

EDIT:

Quote:
Repaired damage done to launch sequence by adding the two additional columns
I've fiddled with your linked Source but it seems to be the buggy version that doesnt recognise a file location... and I can't quite figure that one out.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
(Post Deleted)
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohoCrol
... Now if it had both PLAY and RECORD buttons it would be perfect!
(By RECORD I mean, of course, export each individually rendered frame)
Sorry, that is simply not possible, because that would force me to reverse engineer the STO client. It's both illegal and beyond my hacking skills.

Quote:
Remove the ability to Double-Click a filename,
I really like that it is there. Also the ability to type to find and hit enter to start a demo. But I'd like to hear more opinions on these interactions. If other people feel the same as you do, I'd remove it.

Quote:
I've fiddled with your linked Source but it seems to be the buggy version that doesnt recognise a file location... and I can't quite figure that one out.
Guilty as charged. Look into RunDemo() and change all occurences of

Quote:
this.listViewDemos.SelectedItems[0].SubItems[4].Text
to

Quote:
this.listViewDemos.SelectedItems[0].SubItems[6].Text
The project is moving to sourceforge, so in the future there will always be the current source available. Need only a little bit more time.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Sorry, that is simply not possible, because that would force me to reverse engineer the STO client. It's both illegal and beyond my hacking skills.
? You misunderstood my post maybe ?

I'm talking about adding another button to your app.
Nothing to do with the GameClient whatsoever.

Instead of having one button Labelled "Start" you would have;

1/ Button Labelled "Play". This would simply be "Start" but re-labelled and perform the same function.

2/ A new button Labelled "Record". Almost identical in function to "Play" but the parameters sent to the STO Client would be -demo_movie_save filename
instead of -demo_play filename

-
-demo_play filename
(used in your app)

and,
-demo_movie_save filename

are legitamate parameters for the STO Game Client! The latter being how anyone, including Cryptic, exports high quality frames from the DemoRecord utility!

EDIT: Thanks for the code correction
I'm not trying to be awkward but this is a lovely app and has much potential to help STO Movie-Makers
--

My Lame attempt #1: DemoRecord-720P
A Work of Art: Star Trek Online: One Year Anniversary Tribute
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
? You misunderstood my post maybe ?

I'm talking about adding another button to your app.
Nothing to do with the GameClient whatsoever.

Instead of having one button Labelled "Start" you would have;

1/ Button Labelled "Play". This would simply be "Start" but re-labelled and perform the same function.

2/ A new button Labelled "Record". Almost identical in function to "Play" but the parameters sent to the STO Client would be -demo_movie_save filename
instead of -demo_play filename

-
-demo_play filename
(used in your app)

and,
-demo_movie_save filename

are legitamate parameters for the STO Game Client! The latter being how anyone, including Cryptic, exports high quality frames from the DemoRecord utility!

EDIT: Thanks for the code correction
I'm not trying to be awkward but this is a lovely app and has much potential to help STO Movie-Makers
--

My Lame attempt #1: DemoRecord-720P
A Work of Art: Star Trek Online: One Year Anniversary Tribute
Ohhh.... Are you telling me, that there is a command-line switch, that would do the trick? My bad! Didn't know about that one. Have been using Fraps (very painful to guarantee a stable framerate).

Of course, that is a great idea, and I'll make the change ASAP.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2011, 03:27 AM
The demo_movie_save filename (where filename is the name of what you have previously opened in the player and added your camera paths to etc) parameter will open the demo player, and save each individual frame as a .jpeg into your screenshots folder.

This could be thousands of frames, (empty your screenshots folder first), but is fairly quick and painless and achieves the highest quality for your video.

Ensure your game clients video resolution is set correctly whilst ingame before-hand.
(And that its format is 16:9 16:9 not 16:10)

Import the frames into, VirtualDub for example, to create an .avi
This .avi will be choppy but is best quality.
Editing and un-choppying then depends on the software you use.

Gimme a shout if you need any other tips.

Quote:
Ohhh.... Are you telling me, that there is a command-line switch, that would do the trick? My bad! Didn't know about that one. Have been using Fraps (very painful to guarantee a stable framerate).

Of course, that is a great idea, and I'll make the change ASAP.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Changelog 1.7.0
  • StoDemoLauncher is finally a proper open source project at sourceforge. Thanks to CaptNeo for setting it up for me!
  • Thanks to JohoCrol's deep knowledge about the command line options for STO, we have a new "Render Movie" button. Converts the demo file into a huge pile of jpgs in your screenshots folder.

More on the way. If all goes well, there will be version 1.8.0 before the end of the weekend.

Regards,
Rachel