Lt. Commander
Ok so I love all the different ships we have to choose from but I find myself rarely ever switching ships because it takes 30 minutes move equipment over, assign Bridge officers, Remove the random layout of hotkeys it does, and set the hotkeys back to way I want them. I don't know why this is not here in the first place but with the amount of ships in the game and now missions that require you to fly a certain ship this is desperatly needed. PLEASE
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2011, 02:27 AM
I agree partially. I think that when you choose to change ships, the Bridge Officer set to the highest appropriate slot should be move over to the next higher slot if one is open. (I.E. Lt. moves to Lt. Commader, or Commander to a Lt. Commander if going to a lower tier ship.). As for the equipment, when changing ships, it should pop up a dialoge box asking if you want to equip the best items. If yes is selected, the consols tranfer over automatically (unless already occupied), and the server checks the equipment and compairs the quality of the default items on the new ship to the items equiped to the current ship. It would then put the strongest of the two on the new ship, and the lesser on the old ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2011, 06:59 AM
I'd not hold my breath, it has been a sore since launch and you don't even see a line about that in the monthly system updates.

You need to realize that it is a deliberate design decision. It is not a bug, it is a feature! Someone along the way thought that having "intelligent" action bars will be a good idea. Such a good idea that they can even disable the scriptable power placement that was in the system at that time.

You know how design decisions go. It took 2 days to fix up the Sector space. It took 8 months for the devs to make up their minds and replicate it. It took me 3 days to add FPS mode, devs still have it work in progress.

While the bars are broke like that, I don't swap ships. And since I don't swap them, I have no reason to even look around in the C-Store ship section.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2011, 01:03 PM
been asking for this since beta.
It isn't going to happen
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Well rather than be cynical about it, I think we need to keep making our complaints heard. This is a longstanding problem in the game and it's time that they finally addressed it. Please Cryptic - listen to your users!