Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staalker View Post
I remember the "last post" where they said Romulans weren't coming for a while...but the new engineering report (Jan 12) has this:

•Additional Playable Factions (Romulan, Cardassian...)

The fact that it is even being thought of right now, with Klingons still suffering from "grinding" to lvl and a major lack of content....it concerns me. What can we expect from the Rom or Cadassian factions? Hald-assed content? Looking at how the Klingons are treated, I have concerns that they will be completely forgotten if more playable factions are added.
I think that has been on the Engineering Reports for quite some while, and doesn't mean it will be any immediate concern.
They are still going to flesh out the KDF more.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I've got 2 Fed toons at Ad. level and a Klingon w/mid Capt grade. Tbo, while there is less Klingon content, I don't feel it's so much so that devs need to spend anymore on mid level content for Klingons. Better to spend time on new weeklies for all, new STFs for all, and other content like Foundry.

There's enough variety in ways to gain XP as things are currently. Tbo, I think it's faster to level up a Klingon character as there are oddball addon ways to get XP (like killing X number of turrets, NPC captains/ships, player ships etc) which the Fed side doesn't have.

That being said, if I could add more Klingon content it would be PvP oriented:

1. PvP Bat'leth tournaments w/NPC Refs like the 1s in the mission.

2. Open up a slot or 2 on the ruling councel which players in different Houses PvP to occupy.

3. A open PvP sans any weapons/skills bar brawl style for lols. The victor gets listen to losers sing a song to honor his glorious victory while drinking blood wine.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2011, 01:29 AM
The idea itself doesn't sound half bad if done properly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Eh just grind it out.

I had to PVP it out for the longest time, usually 1-2 hours a day until I finally got bored and spent about 2 days proper to max out the last 10 ranks to MG, then they pushed the cap but there were the missions and such to do by this time so those went rather fast.

I think the minor changes might make it a bit more interesting but the main problem is that people have some sort of expectation that the KDF and FED sides are equal they either weren't around or refuse to remember that cryptic clearly stated multiple times during Open Beta and launch week that KDF was designed as the PVP faction, however now it has become apparent that there isnt that much PVP going on anymore under the MG/RA - LG/VA levels, but now you guys have the repearable missions, exploration clusters, deferi dailies, and even the eta edrani missions to repeat ad infinitum on a daily basis to max out.

I think you could do it easy within 4 days if someone grinded it lineage style.

be thankful for what you have now as its 500% more content then was around for the first 7 months of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Sorry to say, but Cryptic clearly astated that both factions would be fully fleshed out.

Only when then realized in Beta that they wouldn't have the time to finish the Klingons they stated they would made them PvP heavy and add more content later in the first large patch. The patch didn't add on par content and 2 Season failed, too. It have us just added 8 missions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2011, 06:13 AM
They could keep the same tutorial, It would be set when the Klingons and Feds were still allies. And at the end of the tutorial they could add a small cut scene of how and why the alliance ended (perhaps just use the Klingon Trailer http://www.startrekonline.com/videos?page=3) with the option to remain fed or join the real Klingon's.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Looks like this idea got picked up in the February 2011 Ask Cryptic:

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=17
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Looks like we get a tutorial, let's just hope we can skip it if we want.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe with the tutorial, we will get more mid-level and higher level episodes, as well.