Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2011, 06:00 AM
I finished The Cure with a pug group on our first time through, in about three hours. Took about three tries at each of the gates but with a little communication and teamwork it is not the difficult. I think the difficulty of the STFs are wonderful, they actually require you to work as a team and plan you can not just brute force attack everything you see and expect to win.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
finally got passed that blastered annoying mission.. im never ever going to play this one ever again for my primary, k'mec.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2011, 05:33 AM
The OP has a history of complaining about the STFs instead of tyring to work through them. I have had The Cure run 3 hours, I have had it run 6 hours. It all depends on comms and paying attention to detail, and having the right gear before hand.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2011, 11:44 PM
The OP does have issues w STF's that he wants them to be easy or he complains vocally on the forums blaming the STF for his groups lack of cohesion to finish the task. Sry m8 but join a fleet that does STF's and see how its done right then maybe you will stop complaining about things that are beaten daily by lots of players in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
6 hours spent in the cure ground section today. Couldn't get past second gate.

WTF DO THINK IS FUN ABOUT THIS MISSION CRYPTIC?

IS IT ALL ABOUT GRINDING AND TIME SYNCS TO YOU?

Mission is completely impossible in my eyes, but not like cryptic cares as long as they get their $15 a month.
Have all five of your teammates start at the same node. When the second node is ready, have four people move to that node and leave one person behind to defend the first node. Repeat all the way to the fourth position, leaving one player to defend at each node as you move along.

My group tried for hours to just station one person at each node the whole time, and we kept getting owned. As soon as we switched to having the whole group together and dropping one at each node, we beat it in one attempt.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I can say many things about this particular mission. There is only one that does it justice.

To you people who claim it's easy, you got lucky. In fact, you got really lucky. The Cure is a mess. Its programming is flawed, the difficulty is near impossible without going insane, and the reward is not worth it.

I have attempted this mission nearly 100 times without success. I have gone bats*** crazy trying to do this.

Cryptic, you better fix this, or you will lose all support.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-12-2011, 10:04 PM
The only luck involved is when you are PUG'n it. I've refrained from posting another diatribe concerning STF's and the myriad difficulties involved with them. However, the simple fact remains that these missions are very do-able and the failure to finish them only reflects the skills and social worth and connections of the Posters that have a bad experience.

I'm not really sure what results the OP has in mind by creating this thread... the amount of tips and strategies for all of the STF's have been posted here in the the forums ad-naseum...

What more can we do for U? The amount of hand-holding that goes on seems rather ridiculus and pointless... if you are a poor player I suppose there is not much that advice offered in good faith will help with your situation... I apologize for the condescending view point, but what else do you require? Should I ask my Mom to come over and play your character to get you through?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix32 View Post
I can say many things about this particular mission. There is only one that does it justice.

To you people who claim it's easy, you got lucky. In fact, you got really lucky. The Cure is a mess. Its programming is flawed, the difficulty is near impossible without going insane, and the reward is not worth it.

I have attempted this mission nearly 100 times without success. I have gone bats*** crazy trying to do this.

Cryptic, you better fix this, or you will lose all support.
You've tried the cure over 100 times and haven't passed it?

*blinks* You are sure that is not, perhaps, hyperbole? Because at that point, when plenty of other people not only pass it but run it for kicks, the problem focus suddenly becomes "well, if 99 people can do it and one can't, the problem must be with the 1 who can't."

Have you tried joining a fleet that actually runs it on a regular basis? Going in with a PUG and not having your skills and gear set up correctly will get you wiped every time, especially if half the PUG quits.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
I apologize for the condescending view point, but what else do you require? Should I ask my Mom to come over and play your character to get you through?
It's not condescending at all.

I , for one, am sick of people crying "I can't finish it"!

THOUSANDS of people have finished it. HUNDREDS MORE run it every single day for the sheer hell of it. THE PROBLEM IS YOU, NOT THE STF.

Are there bugs? God, yes. Could it be streamlined? Yes. Does it require, I don't know, an actual brain, teamwork, and 5 minutes online looking up a walk through? Yes.

I just took a 5 man PUG into the Cure last night , and none of them had run it before, and we got it through the first time. It was touch and go in places,and I had to stop them and basically give each one detailed directions, and I ended up threatening to kick a guy if he didn't stop running around acting like an idiot...but we got it done.

Napoleon is right. We can't fix your inability to do this mission. God help you if you think the Cure is bad, wait until you play KA.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-13-2011, 11:43 AM
It is a tough mission, and no it is not impossible, its just tough enough that you cant recover quickly from the smallest mistake, or bug, for instance last night we were on the last gate with 4 generators, and we use the no aggro tactic, we had them all reconfigured and #4 had been charging for about 10 seconds when the beam shutdown from 2 to 3, no workers were alive at 2 at all, and when it shut off the borg names all changed to Borg Beamin even the nodes were called Borg Beamin, 3 times after that same thing glitched out