Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
The Flood have a hive mind, too. The Gravemind.

The Forerunner's most powerful weapon, the Halo array, couldn't have wiped out the Flood. Only their food.

Also, the Flood can use technology, and in theroy would be able to take over entire Tyranid ships.

And if those ships are sentient....

It would lead to a quick transition to an Interstellar-class Flood, which is BIG trouble. Interstellar-class Flood can quickly infect entire galaxies, and quickly spread to others.

Hence the name, the Flood.
Ahh, ok. Didn't know the Flood had a hive mind of their own. Probably because I lost total interest in the franchise after Halo 2.

Still. The Tyranid hive mind is still bigger/smarter (there's been reports before of Tyranids adapting within hours to completely overrun otherwise impenetrable defenses. And the whole "has absorbed the entire collected wisdom of at least one full galaxy" bit, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
The Zerg are distinctively different enough. I say the Zerg. Who, ironically enough to the OP in fact were led by a red-headed step child.
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!one!!!

Sorry. The Zerg are barely larger than a Tyranid splinter fleet. And the full hive fleets are made up of thousands of splinter fleets. And the whole Tyranid race has at least a dozen hive fleets. Seriously, there is nothing the Zerg have that the Tyranids can't do a billion times more of, or a billion times more effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
This. Much like everything else in Blizzard's -craft series, the Zerg are a blatant and vastly inferior rip-off of Games Workshop's lines.
Fixed it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Chuck Norris would win.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Chuck Norris would win.
Chuck Norris has been beaten by Bruce Lee and communists. His skills are paltry and laughable. The Tyranids wouldn't even salvage any genetic material from him.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2011, 01:50 PM
My interesting "who would win" question was always Borg vs. Replicators.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.wilson View Post
My interesting "who would win" question was always Borg vs. Replicators.
Hey, Wilson is back. I thought you were eaten by Space Squid.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Hey, Wilson is back. I thought you were eaten by Space Squid.
Nah, I was eaten by Repeated Missions.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Ahh, ok. Didn't know the Flood had a hive mind of their own. Probably because I lost total interest in the franchise after Halo 2.
First of all, I can understand that. Halo 2 kind of sucked.

But still, If the Flood infected ANY of the bioships used by the Vong, Nids, or 8472... I would not want to think of the consequences.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-12-2011, 10:53 PM
flood vs tyranids is sort of a moot point. Both species have the ability to assimilate the other into collective, so any confrontation would result in one gaining the other's abilities. My money is still on the tyranids however. the flood only seem capable of infecting, whereas the tyranids can copy the resultant creature wholesale. Flood infesting a hive Tyrant = 1 flood tyrant. The flood can't make another without infesting another. The tyranids eat a flood spore, and poof they now have the capacity to create tyranid flood spores.

So the end result either way would be more powerful tyranids with the ability to spread and infect like the flood.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-12-2011, 11:04 PM
So the Flood and the Tyranid fighting would result in a Flood/Tyranid mutation...........

I don' t even want to THINK about the problem that would pose for ALL sentient life!

OKAY, WHERE'S THE HALO ARRAY?!?