Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

anyone completed this? What's the correct answer to "How do you avoid breaking your drill bits when you hit a pocket of Magnesite?"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Spoiler:
There are probably several. I said 'cool it' and that worked.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2011, 06:19 PM
I think it changes.

I said the above spoiler for my Fed, but that answer was wrong for the Klingon?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Spoiler:

OK, I answered "Slow down the rotation" of the drill bit.

This answer worked for both my Fed and KDF engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I tried booker9172's answer on a second engineer and it worked, so it's possible my first attempt actually sent a different answer than I thought due to lag. Or both work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2011, 09:35 PM
That was bugged as heck for me due latency.

I had to spam-click the button to get it to recognize my answer, and thus couldn't control which one I chose. So I got a lot of "wrong answers"

So I can say its definitely "Slow down" since it took me FOREVER to get it
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Personally, I didn't like this particular implementation for this eopisode.

I think the tech that makes random answers cycle is good - but the use here was lacklustre in that - If I'm supposed to be an 'Expert Engineer'; just 'random guess until you get the right one, kind of blows that illusion out of the water. Combined with some puzzle or something else that might give me a clue to the correct answer (maybe calling up to the ship to see a manual on the type of Drill, etc.) in addition the randomizer woukld have worked better.

Also, I still wish they could implement tech that keeps the other class optional objectives from even appearing on a mission map, UNLESS your part of a player character team with multiple character classes on the map; and in that case only the options related to the character classes ON the map should be shown.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Personally, I didn't like this particular implementation for this eopisode.

I think the tech that makes random answers cycle is good - but the use here was lacklustre in that - If I'm supposed to be an 'Expert Engineer'; just 'random guess until you get the right one, kind of blows that illusion out of the water. Combined with some puzzle or something else that might give me a clue to the correct answer (maybe calling up to the ship to see a manual on the type of Drill, etc.) in addition the randomizer woukld have worked better.

Also, I still wish they could implement tech that keeps the other class optional objectives from even appearing on a mission map, UNLESS your part of a player character team with multiple character classes on the map; and in that case only the options related to the character classes ON the map should be shown.
I agree. I didn't like the rotating thing and I was expecting to go and "learn" the answer.
Then my BO said "We should guess".

I guessed and was right.