Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
hmm i'd wait for a rommie faction.... go to the colony... "liberate the miners" then put the ferengi and nausicans into the mines.
It could make a great Fed V Rommie PvP map.


And coiled be a great daily hub as well for Feds/Klinks right now. I also hope it remains a place to beam down too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I'd like to see similar places but I honestly don't know what the fed/klinks would be going there so often for. I think it sets the standard for Earth ground zones, anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon
The Ferengi should be made to work the mines, that would be an amusing reversal of their "fortunes". :p
it is allready a reversal of "fortunes" that Romulans work the Mines, or did you forget about the poor Reman slaves the Empire had for centuries?

just sayin...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You enjoyed Defaria for a short time because it had no purpose but the useless merchant.
No... I stopped enjoying it because I got sick of it. There still was a purpose for visiting the outpost for several weeks during series 1. There was 60% energy credit returns on loot. Like I said, it was a really cool daily, but after visiting several times, the place didn't feel so unique anymore. Though, to be fair those are my personal feelings.

What I am suggesting, considering the emotional impact the story of this mission was trying to convey, building a walmart here just to have a reason to visit the place may cause it to loose what made it unique.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
No... I stopped enjoying it because I got sick of it. There still was a purpose for visiting the outpost for several weeks during series 1. There was 60% energy credit returns on loot. Like I said, it was a really cool daily, but after visiting several times, the place didn't feel so unique anymore. Though, to be fair those are my personal feelings.

What I am suggesting, considering the emotional impact the story of this mission was trying to convey, building a walmart here just to have a reason to visit the place may cause it to loose what made it unique.
Like I said useless merchant /shrug I'd like to see it have a use other than the replay which won't be that often since after the horta the armor isn't a big deal. You don't need to go back, I'd like to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I'd actually like to see that map used as a pvp map. It would be great.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
it is allready a reversal of "fortunes" that Romulans work the Mines, or did you forget about the poor Reman slaves the Empire had for centuries?

just sayin...
There was an arrangement befitting a structured society, where everyone had their place. Remans had their place, and that kept them from all their destructive and brutal tendencies. The Romulan Star Empire did them a favor by keeping them in order, protecting them from themselves, and others.

---
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
It seems such a shame to have this great town only appear the once. Once you complete the mission leave it open to anybody to enter. stick some vendors in there and add some daily repeatable quests like cull the wariguls, or scan for minerals or defeat romulan thugs.
I personally think that this mining town is too 'dark' and too depressing to be considered a social hub. Not to mention that with a:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Tal Shiar base underneath it, tends to make it a rather disagreeable place for random people to just come hang out together.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
I personally think that this mining town is too 'dark' and too depressing to be considered a social hub. Not to mention that with a:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Tal Shiar base underneath it, tends to make it a rather disagreeable place for random people to just come hang out together.

well continuing the SPOILER ALERT theme.



the base was destroyed at the end of the ep. there is no longer a base there. if there was a social zone it would be set after the mission, so the npc dialogue would have to be changed slightly.

perhaps social zone is the wrong word as its not a place to hang out and have fun, but i think its still one of the more real places we have in sto. if you dont want to go there then fair enough but i dont personally like the idea of these closed systems we have that only open when you need to go there.

also klingons love dark and depressing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.