Lt. Commander
The Vulcan Tal'Kyr uses the shuttle mechanics, shuttle equipment, is accessed at the shuttle vendor, and in all respects is considered a shuttle. So why then can't we use the Tal'Kyr as a shuttle for accessing "The Vault"?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsh View Post
The Vulcan Tal'Kyr uses the shuttle mechanics, shuttle equipment, is accessed at the shuttle vendor, and in all respects is considered a shuttle. So why then can't we use the Tal'Kyr as a shuttle for accessing "The Vault"?
You can. I just played through "The Vault" with a Tal'kyr shuttle a couple days ago on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
i used it the other day as well. seemed fine to me.

maybe change instance. perhaps the door was just not opening for some reason.

have you spoken to the guy in admiral t'nae's office?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
worked for me on the weekend as well. no problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
You can. I just played through "The Vault" with a Tal'kyr shuttle a couple days ago on Holodeck.
And I did it yesterday afternoon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2011, 03:35 PM
What about Tier 0 BoPs?

They are only slightly larger than a Toron shuttle (which surprised the heck out of me) when I flew up to one in my little Toron. In fact, it would make more sense to use a BoP. First is that they are of similar apparent mass to the Toron (unless Cryptic just completely lost the plot with / failed at scaling), second is that the BoP can cloak, so would make for a better reconnaissance vessel than the shuttle. Third is that it has superior offensive and defensive abilities than the shuttle, so would be viewed as the only viable option between the two by Klingons.

Also, why does the D'kyr get a free shuttle but not the Varanus or the Orion ship? Both can summon ships to help them like the D'kyr; so to be fair, why not give one or both the ability to use their shield ships / fighters as a shuttle (for missions like the vault)?

While I'm on the subject, why would the captain of a KDF carrier choose to take in a shuttle instead of one of the BoPs or fighter compliment he has aboard his ship?

Why is it that the KDF ends up feeling like an afterthought in this mission?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Because these weekly missions are designed for Starfleet, with the absolute minimum amount of alteration necessary to make them sort of work for the KDF as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Because these weekly missions are designed for Starfleet, with the absolute minimum amount of alteration necessary to make them sort of work for the KDF as well.
That's kinda how it feels. KDF being the sort of, "Oh yeah.. Them.." after thought, but I didn't want to come right out and assert that feeling as a definitive statement. :3
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Also, why does the D'kyr get a free shuttle but not the Varanus or the Orion ship? Both can summon ships to help them like the D'kyr; so to be fair, why not give one or both the ability to use their shield ships / fighters as a shuttle (for missions like the vault)?

While I'm on the subject, why would the captain of a KDF carrier choose to take in a shuttle instead of one of the BoPs or fighter compliment he has aboard his ship?

On the one hand: These are great points and I generally agree with them. Especially since I'm about to (finally) get my carrier.

On the other hand; I strongly suspect the shuttle was just one of those "Oh hey, I have some extra time, and this will be cool" things.

That said I would absolutely not complain if your ideas came to pass >.>
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.........

I guess the KDF is just ducked.