Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compston View Post
I'm noticing a ton of simply bad English in convos...
*I've noticed a lot of bad English within the conversations

Quote:
...so thought i'd mention it...
*I'd

Quote:
...Brings down the over-all quality...
*overall

Stone-throwing and glass houses spring to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSARGuy
I really wish there were two different servers. One for NORTH AMERICA and one for everyone else. Seriously.
Yes so you can speak "Mexican" and "American" all day ^^ No germans no japs no other earthlings to bother with. Komiske tjuvbone
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2011, 03:31 AM
I tink u r rite, fix teh ingame convoz plzz.

/intentional
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
I'm noticing a ton of simply bad English in convos. Errors that run from spelling to syntax to grammar-it's all there. It's a pet peeve of mine so thought i'd mention it. Brings down the over-all quality of the experience for me.
ZOmg I no Exsactly wat U meen lyk da other day der wuz ppl beiN all liek Forenn and stuff n I wuz aLL like DOOD lurn 2 speek englesh or git off our planet!! I sware pplz dont respect our good old fashoned amercian valuez.... fo reelz...

I hope this didn't ruin your experience.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Disceltics are teople poo!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
I'm noticing a ton of simply bad English in convos. Errors that run from spelling to syntax to grammar-it's all there. It's a pet peeve of mine so thought i'd mention it. Brings down the over-all quality of the experience for me.
Most people on the Internet are probably illiterate. Especially the ones who tell you that you have "grammer" errors when you have grammar errors. That always freaks me out - people complaining about your grammar when they can't even spell grammar.

But apparently it's mean to point that out to people
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Actually i'm talking about game convos from NPC's, and even interfaces, and not player chat convos.
Too late...you stirred up a hornet's nest here.... (was my 'English' ok here?)

Quote:
MSARGuy: I really wish there were two different servers. One for TENNESSEE and one for everyone else. Seriously.
Fixed that one for ya!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Too late...you stirred up a hornet's nest here.... (was my 'English' ok here?)

Fixed that one for ya!
Weez betta gets one for Nu Jursey toos...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSARGuy
I really wish there were two different servers. One for NORTH AMERICA and one for everyone else. Seriously.
So you don't have to deal with those people who speak Australian or those people from Great Britain, especially from England because they speak something like...Russian?
But how could you stand being on the same server as those who speak Canadian?

Seriously have you never actually watched Trek?
It's a united Earth and people who are no native Enlish speakers like myself can use the exercise in forums like these to learn how to properly construct sentences and express themselves correctly in a language they only learned in school.
Besides whenever I read comments like these I think it's good thing people from North America have contact to the rest of the world because this way their language does not degrade like this one's

http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-...guage-fail.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2011, 04:53 AM
Seriously though: I am not a native English speaker and I haven't noticed any mistakes in English from NPC's, that would make the text incomprehensible or ridiculous.
This level of grammar nazism is completely ridiculous and making a separate server for North America is also seriously stupid, because what would be left would be British, Germans, a few Frenchies and a handful of other nationals like me and that's it. They'd use English anyway.

Also, that klink spamming "HAR HAR I RAEP FEDERATON HAHA RUN NOOBZ ME KEEL" in Kerrat yesterday was from the USA.
Closed Thread