Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm looking forward to the 2 year accolade, can't wait to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I understand that. But why did they have to make it something so obscure that most would not even think to have done that as all Star Trek lore has thought us to beat Q and not to intentionally "lose" to him. It's just frustrating as all.
The lore has taught us to stand up to Q. Even when he's being a jerk. One of the ways to get the accolade was to stand up to him and demand that he leave while he's being a jerk and turning you into random animals.

Pretty much how Picard handled it, minus the mariachi band.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I understand that. But why did they have to make it something so obscure that most would not even think to have done that as all Star Trek lore has thought us to beat Q and not to intentionally "lose" to him. It's just frustrating as all.
Not our fault you weren't paying attention.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2011, 04:23 AM
I honestly didn't know there was an accolade either and i would have been in the same boat as the OP but for paying attention (much to my horror - some of the zone topics make my brain hurt) to zone chat. My issue with the anniversary was that it was over too quickly - ending it in the middle of a week sort of seemed bad form, ending on a weekend really would have been fairer for those who can only jump on for a few hours a week and may not have even known about things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2011, 04:30 AM
I did stumble on it by chance. I mean why wouldn't you want to try to change in to as many creatures as you could. That was more fun than answering the questions right. From what I hear, a displayable trophy may be created.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I did stumble on it by chance. I mean why wouldn't you want to try to change in to as many creatures as you could. That was more fun than answering the questions right. From what I hear, a displayable trophy may be created.
I certainly hope so!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Btw, I did tell Q of a few times. Also I did have Q change me into multiple creatures to see what was avaailable, but unfortunately it was not to the accolode's requirement and only for fun. I wish I would have known without having to rely on chat or the community ot in my case, the new fleet i joined sending out a mail to us that i only just recently read.

I still don't understand why such things cannot be communicated through the Bulletin system? I mean did we vote down that it not be used as a notifiction system fro the Devs to inform the community, ala Playstation Home? It would have been really useful last week. I think I have only logged in and seen it pop with info(have something there when accessed via the menu) maybe two, three times, and then never again.

*sigh *
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2011, 05:03 AM
I can certainly empathize with the OP. If I hadn't noticed the description in the Accolades section (I think it was under 'General Accolades'), I would have missed getting the 1st Anniversary accolade (which, amazingly, was worth 100 points).
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2011, 05:24 AM
I guess it never occured to some that this Accolade was supposed to be hidden? :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Personally, I agree with the original poster. I thought it was pretty silly that you actually had to answer the Star Trek trivia questions wrong to get the 1 Year Anniversary accolade. It would have more sense to get that upon completion of Q's quest since you had to answer them right to complete that quest. Why reward people for not knowing Star Trek lore and punish those that know it. Seemed bizarre to me.