Lt. Commander
# 1 Tric mines and Torps
02-15-2011, 07:53 AM
So I never actually tried this, but I HAD to ask due to a current build I am putting together...

Can you in fact fire a Tricobalt Torpedo, AND a Tricobalt Mine at the SAME TIME?

I know mines have a global cooldown for all mines, and same with torps... so under NORMAL circumstances I know that this is completely possible, but Tricobalt devices are HARDLY 'normal'. So do all Tricobalt share a universal cooldown, or not?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I would imagine you wouldn't have any issues with firing both but I have not tried it myself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I have a build in the works I have been dying to try...

Sci officer in a Sci ship:

2 Fore Phaser banks, 1 quantum launcher
1, aft phaser array, 1 aft tricobalt launcher, 1 aft tricobalt mine launcher

Cmdr Sci BO:
Grav Well 3, Scram Sensor 2, Haz Emit 2, Sci Team 1
Lt Cmdr Sci BO:
Photon ShWv 1, Tractor Be 2, Pol Hull 1
Lt Tac BO:
Beam Ovload 2, High yield 1
Lt Eng BO:
Em Pwr Shield 2, Eng Team 1

So my idea is basically to engage a single enemy, make a beeline toward them and hit Target Subsystem engines. Then as I get within 5km, hit em with a Grav Well. If they start to escape, nail em down with my Tractor beam and keep flying toward them. As I get within about 2km or so lauch my scramble sensors, and possibly with Beam overload 2 to bring down a shield facing... then while they are stuck, and scrambled, fly over them and launch a tric torp and a tric mine. With the tric torp being fired at such close range they would have little time to recover and counter, and they would be stunned long enough for the tric mine to activate and nail them as well.

Now THAT is a nasty damage spike!

Now obviously it's only theoretical at this point, so I am just wondering if Tricobalts share a cooldown and would thus PREVENT such an attack from taking place.