Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Weeeeeee! You are almost as fast as my Spunicorn! Faster faster faster!
I find it hard to believe that the Final Fantasy XI Auction House forums have produced a far superior discussion/debate on this topic. I am disappointed, Star Trek. /wrists

For serious though, guys... I wanted to see this from the anti-Star Wars fan perspective! I don't care what you have to say about it, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject! :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfaery
For serious though, guys... I wanted to see this from the anti-Star Wars fan perspective! I don't care what you have to say about it, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject! :p
Boy, did you ever post in the wrong forum. :p

This is Ten Forward; we take nothing seriously!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I've always called it 'science fantasy'; meaning a fantasy story/adventure in what would be considered a sci-fi setting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
i have always taken science fiction to be the all encompassing term

space opera is a bit more refined to certain shows within science fiction.

ie every space opera show is science fiction, not every science fiction show is a space opera.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Change of topic:
Is the OP's username science fiction, fantasy, or space opera? :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfaery
I find it hard to believe that the Final Fantasy XI Auction House forums have produced a far superior discussion/debate on this topic. I am disappointed, Star Trek. /wrists

Again your logic defies the term logic. Star trek fan =/= anti-Star Wars fan. Some like both while others like one or the other. And yes, 10Forward =/= serious discussions. Be happy you got a few serious responses.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Again your logic defies the term logic. Star trek fan =/= anti-Star Wars fan. Some like both while others like one or the other. And yes, 10Forward =/= serious discussions. Be happy you got a few serious responses.
I should've sent you V-Day candy....
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
I should've sent you V-Day candy....
And yet you didn't. I like the chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate covered cherries. num num.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Star Wars is Fantasy with Scifi elements. Space Opera isn't even a darned category in my mind. I would say that Star Wars is closer to Lord of the Rings than Star Trek in many ways.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
George Lucas himself classifies Star Wars as a Space Opera.

Space Fantasy, Sci-Fi, whatever you wanna call it, hell even Space Western...It has elements of all those things...