Lt. Commander
# 1 Macros
02-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Why do I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't use them? :p

I use the stock game interface still.
(Excuse the braggy screenshot, that was the only one I had on hand ^_^)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM
you ever use control +1 or alt +1? that myfriend is a keybind and do you move with aswd,,, that too is a keybind, using keybind is pro getting better keybinds is just optional.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
you ever use control +1 or alt +1? that myfriend is a keybind and do you move with aswd,,, that too is a keybind, using keybind is pro getting better keybinds is just optional.
Yeah, like those spamming your screen with "unknown command: "[null]"" ?

Cya @ rift
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
Yeah, like those spamming yozur screen with "unknown command: "[null]"" ?

Cya @ rift
yeah meh manualy keybinding stuff to [null] dont work ^^
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:

That'S the UI how I like it.

I changed the key layout so that accelerate and decellerate are on Q and E and added two keybinds to tell my team which target to fire (SHIFT-A, like in the good old TIE FIghter days) or that I am in deep **** and please someone get me outta here (Shift-C).

Oddly enough, the only time I used the latter was when my keyboard/STO were acting up and I wanted to press "C" for an entirely different reason and it seemed to believe I had shift pressed. My team mates did scramble to the other side of Ker'rat to find me in no immediate danger other then maybe crushing my keyboard.

A map transfer fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post

That's my favourite interface too (not to mention the only one that won't get messed up if you switch ships), but I had to succumb to the power of advanced keybinds...it just takes a whole load of work off you and, if used well, increases survivability exponentially (tie weapons, shield balancing and two copies of EPtS to the spacebar and you'll have some pretty solid shields...).

Besides, I just discovered that some small programs can "simulate" a keystroke for you - i.e. for example sending the "spacebar" signal to windows every 3 seconds. Although it's not technically cheating, I don't like the spirit of it - takes the possibility of error out of the picture
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
That's my favourite interface too (not to mention the only one that won't get messed up if you switch ships), but I had to succumb to the power of advanced keybinds...it just takes a whole load of work off you and, if used well, increases survivability exponentially (tie weapons, shield balancing and two copies of EPtS to the spacebar and you'll have some pretty solid shields...).

Besides, I just discovered that some small programs can "simulate" a keystroke for you - i.e. for example sending the "spacebar" signal to windows every 3 seconds. Although it's not technically cheating, I don't like the spirit of it - takes the possibility of error out of the picture
I think such out-side programs are generally frowned upon. I am not entirely sure about the TOU, but it might violate it even...

They keybinds of course are fine - they are part of the game, we cannot do anything Cryptic didn'T want us, and there are even specific restrictions built-in. For example, you can only activate one power at the same time and have to press mutliple times in a row. Admittedly, I don't really know many powers where perfect synchronous use was that relevant.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
spacebar is all i need