Lt. Commander
# 1 about the stfs
02-16-2011, 05:32 AM
when we join an team is there an way they could add something to tells use how meny times they have ran it?

i have np with doing these with newbies

but when some tells me that they have ran these _____ times and still actting like an newbie.

i am only asking this so when i do run these i have an clue on how the team will do
Lt. Commander
... but oh boy does it feel wrong
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm not sure this would have the result that you are looking for...

Someone who is accustomed to that type of content could run it twice and have it down, the next guy ran it twenty not doing much and letting the team carry them.

It would be one more data point to consider though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Do you have ANY idea as to what type of grouping you'd end up with? Zone chat would look like this -

"LFG for Cure - must have Count of 10+"
"I have 7..."
"Guess ur SOL"

No. Absolutely not. The discrimination in-game would be absolutely horrible.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Worst STF related idea ever.
Just breeds more elitism.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Hmm, it sounded like a good idea at first but I'm not sure a number based system would work. Just a simple completed yes/no would suffice. Then people couldn't judge based on a number that may or not mean anything, and there would be less grounds for discrimination like the 10+ idea earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Hmm, it sounded like a good idea at first but I'm not sure a number based system would work. Just a simple completed yes/no would suffice. Then people couldn't judge based on a number that may or not mean anything, and there would be less grounds for discrimination like the 10+ idea earlier.
The only problem with THIS idea, is it doesn't solve the problem OP thinks he has, therefore it'd be a waste of dev time IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Occasionally - very rarely - there are REALLY bad ideas on this forum. This is one of them. Want proof? Check World of ******** chat...

LFG RFC MUST HAVE ARCHIEVEMENT!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
A: Hey guys, I completed this mission many times on my alt/other account, can I join you?
B: OMG NO LOL NOOB
A: *sadly sobs in the darkest corner of his room*
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Do not want.

I can't see this helping the STO community, but I can see it emulate certain other MMOs in becoming another tool to push good people out of ever getting a chance to make an attempt.

Some people may exaggerate how experienced they are at any given STF, but most will be honest (in my experience). People are people.

Sorry to shoot your idea down like that, just my opinion.