Lt. Commander
So I was reading once of the latest interviews with Dstahl the other day and was particularly excited to read that along with the coming of the foundry we will be able to use its tools to customize our ship interiors and crew. I also read that its planned perhaps to add crafting stations on board our ships.

It got me thinking that this is a great jumping point for more "carrots" to play for and customize your ship. I was always a huge fan of the housing in SWG. Perhaps in the future we can have collections of items to display in our staterooms like gifts from people fro diplomacy or trophy's taken for defeating a menace or saving a culture. We could take potted plants from alien worlds or display our collection of fine bottles of Romulan Ale. Haha

Also the idea of the crafting station on board opens up the question of more interaction with items on board. Are there any ideas of what we can add to enhance the functionality and enjoyment of our ships interior? I've always wanted it to be someplace to go and relax to kill time and escape and do something productive in game besides pew pew. While crafting is a great start I don't see STOs crafting being engrossing enough nor does the system lend itself to taking up too much time. Perhaps mini games you can ply with others in your room or against AI such as 3-D Chess like in TOS?

I'd love to hear thoughts or ideas on this as I love this kind of "fluff" in MMOs I find it keeps me playing far far longer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2011, 11:36 AM
2nd this.

Last count over in SWG, I had about 1400 deco items in my bunker. From all the 1st year aniv. paintings on up. This would be a great idea for over here also. Collectors/collecting are another mini game that many like.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I was also just thinking this would add a very beneficial social element to the ship interiors because you would want to invite people over to show off the things you have earned and also what you have created and decorated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Really no one liked this or had anything to say ... 0 Critical Failure
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 08:05 AM
What good is all the shinies if there's nothing to do in the game outside of collect shinies?

Put some viable content in the game - like, a crapton of it - then I think it's a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 08:28 AM
You would like some comments? Fine, i'll comment. I'm all for collecting shinies to display inside my ship. I once spent half an hour killing bears just for a pristine bear carcass drop that could be made into a stuffed bear for my elven home in LOTRO. The ideas you suggested are just as good for this game. Theres been plenty of ideas for other ship interior functionality ranging from functional holodeck, and shuttle bay, to mini quests to repair damaged systems and heal injured crew after taking damage in a battle. All good ideas to be sure. I for one am probably looking forward to interior customization, and possibilities that come with it more than almost anything in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 08:32 AM
You know, it's really cool. But... how many other people than you will ever see your carefully designed custom ship interior?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
You know, it's really cool. But... how many other people than you will ever see your carefully designed custom ship interior?
For me personally it doesn't matter the volume of people who see my interior. My fleet mates will probably stop in at some point but moreover its just personal satisfaction from having had fun making it cool looking for myself and the few folks who do see it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon176 View Post
functionality ranging from functional holodeck
I think that a holodeck is an easy win. having an empty room with an interface to share Foundry missions is all that's really needed to make that a reality. You'd have a loading screen then be i n the mission in the "holodeck" and when you finish you'd be back i n your holodeck room. It would just require only ground content sinc eyou cant fly a starship in your holodeck.

Thanks for the comment