Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
The Toron shuttle and K'toch scout ship are both small canon Klingon transports. Either way didn't they say there's no more honorable death than to kill a bigger foe with your own life? A small kamikaze style fighter sounds very Klingon.

Picture a design that looks like a small fixed wing B'rel with no neck and a nose like the Hegh'ta BoP. Make the hull a more curved crescent shape so the wings swoop a little more forward.
Sounds a bit like a Reman Scimitar without all the spikey bits.

Maybe a 5 crew BoP is the answer? The insane variety of scale on the BoP gives a loose "canon" reference in Way of the Warrior, where BoPs no bigger than half the size of a Vor'cha front module can be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
Sounds a bit like a Reman Scimitar without all the spikey bits.

Maybe a 5 crew BoP is the answer? The insane variety of scale on the BoP gives a loose "canon" reference in Way of the Warrior, where BoPs no bigger than half the size of a Vor'cha front module can be seen.
Oh wow you're right, it does! Haha! That wasn't intentional but I guess that's it. Ya I think a mini BoP is the way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Oh wow you're right, it does! Haha! That wasn't intentional but I guess that's it. Ya I think a mini BoP is the way to go.
Ya dang skippy there...lol.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2011, 05:35 AM
I am not opposed to a Klingon Delta Flyer, but not just for the sake of "because the Feds have one".
Why not something else - like ships that do not have gimmicky and rather poor special abilities.

Shuttles will *supposedly* get some content, but so far there is not any.

The more shuttles we get, the more they will fill up ship slots. Danube and Type 8 already take up two, soon the Delta Flyer will occupy another slot and in some 30 or so days I will get the Captain's Yacht.

I also want to point out, so far we can't craft the Delta Flyer as Feds either.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
I am not opposed to a Klingon Delta Flyer, but not just for the sake of "because the Feds have one".
Why not something else - like ships that do not have gimmicky and rather poor special abilities.

The more shuttles we get, the more they will fill up ship slots. Danube and Type 8 already take up two, soon the Delta Flyer will occupy another slot and in some 30 or so days I will get the Captain's Yacht.

I also want to point out, so far we can't craft the Delta Flyer as Feds either.
I for one would just like to have a "just for us" shuttle that we don't have to reach 400 days just to get.... As for the shuttles...I hate having to change the shuttle out from my ship and such. I hope that's fixed soon...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc

I also want to point out, so far we can't craft the Delta Flyer as Feds yet.
Corrected that for you, it's an important part of the situation. At present the non-400 day player has access to one Klingon shuttle. For the Federation there are four (granted the Type 8 is little more than a glorified Smart Car). Two of those shuttles are, or will very soon, be accessible through gameplay (crafting for the Delta and Emblem grind for the Tal'Kyr) both of which have an extra BO post.

If, as has been suggested, there is to be more Shuttle content, including PvP, then in game balance terms, the Federation have a distinct advantage in having more powerful ships. It's not a matter of "Waah I want their shiney toy!" it's a matter of ensuring game balance between the factions. You can't give one side a bunch of F22s and the other some F86s and expect a balanced playing field.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
Corrected that for you, it's an important part of the situation. At present the non-400 day player has access to one Klingon shuttle. For the Federation there are four (granted the Type 8 is little more than a glorified Smart Car). Two of those shuttles are, or will very soon, be accessible through gameplay (crafting for the Delta and Emblem grind for the Tal'Kyr) both of which have an extra BO post.

If, as has been suggested, there is to be more Shuttle content, including PvP, then in game balance terms, the Federation have a distinct advantage in having more powerful ships. It's not a matter of "Waah I want their shiney toy!" it's a matter of ensuring game balance between the factions. You can't give one side a bunch of F22s and the other some F86s and expect a balanced playing field.
This is where my concerns are, I don't care how much more content or ships the Feds have, as long as we have balance. Granted I do get a little upset when I see us asking for something and we don't even get a reply back.

PvP is where I see the biggest problem....we won't be able to hold up in battle with what we have.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2011, 07:15 AM
I just want n Orion Interceptor
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I just want n Orion Interceptor
I hope I get one of those too! Check out Hybrid Ship? in the Klingon Forum. Roach had a great idea for it!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
I hope I get one of those too! Check out Hybrid Ship? in the Klingon Forum. Roach had a great idea for it!
He most certainly did have a good idea....wonder when they'd listen to him and test it out in models???....