Lt. Commander
# 1 Mine Enemy escape (Horta)
02-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm partway through Mine Enemy, specificaly "Escape from mines" in Digging for answers with my Fed main, I've just been told to run before the place goes up but what oh what about the Horta?! Am I expected to just leave them to die, surely there must be something I can do? The poor creature is cowering infront of me as I type and I just feel so bad that I must just leave it.

I would love to see someway to save them but until that day, Cryptic devs, I hate you for making me a bad person, ohwell, time to dramaticly run from the coming explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Since they're rocks, they probably barely notice the self-destruct.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truefire99 View Post
I'm partway through Mine Enemy, specificaly "Escape from mines" in Digging for answers with my Fed main, I've just been told to run before the place goes up but what oh what about the Horta?! Am I expected to just leave them to die, surely there must be something I can do? The poor creature is cowering infront of me as I type and I just feel so bad that I must just leave it.

I would love to see someway to save them but until that day, Cryptic devs, I hate you for making me a bad person, ohwell, time to dramaticly run from the coming explosion.
You're a bad person for killing all those Romulans without trying to solve things diplomatically.

The Horta wasn't cowering, it was dancing with joy as a smorgusborg was about to fall from the ceiling. The cave-in wouldn't scratch the thing. They are incredibly tough.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't make escape impossible. They should have left you caved in. Then you could have been saved by the Horta. It could have dug you a tunnel to the surface.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinubabear View Post
The cave-in wouldn't scratch the thing. They are incredibly tough.
Knowing the Horta, that Horta would simply be tunnelling elsewhere than staying around in a cave-in. Nonetheless, the silicon-based lifeform is quite sturdy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
i dont think falling rock is an issue to a creature that can tunnel through rock.

it was probably the equivalent of you running through a cake store and it starts raining doughnuts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimeth View Post
I'm surprised that they didn't make escape impossible. They should have left you caved in. Then you could have been saved by the Horta. It could have dug you a tunnel to the surface.
That would have been a nice touch