Lt. Commander
# 1 ENT: As bad as advertised?
02-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Hi all,

I've just been watching my way through the first season of Star Trek: Enterprise. Now all I heard from people is that it is all just complete rubbish, but it doesn't seem too bad for me right now, should I expect to be pleasantly surprised or a plot u-turn?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2011, 05:20 AM
I like ST:Enterprise. Like all Star Trek shows it gets better as the season progress.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2011, 05:25 AM
heres the thing. take a hundred star trek fans and some will tell you TNG is rubbish, some will tell you DS9 is rubbish, or voyager, or star trek V or insurrection.

I will admit that ENT is not my fav and there are some issues i have that mean i enjoy it less than the others, but star trek fans tend to be quite polarising in their reviews. if you like it then thats great. dont worry what others say.

i will warn you ENT does take a rather drastic change of pace in season 3. now you may love or hate it. season 4 is probably the best season of the whole run so even if you dont like season 3, keep at it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
heres the thing. take a hundred star trek fans and some will tell you TNG is rubbish, some will tell you DS9 is rubbish, or voyager, or star trek V or insurrection.

I will admit that ENT is not my fav and there are some issues i have that mean i enjoy it less than the others, but star trek fans tend to be quite polarising in their reviews. if you like it then thats great. dont worry what others say.
I agree; it comes down to one's personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i will warn you ENT does take a rather drastic change of pace in season 3. now you may love or hate it. season 4 is probably the best season of the whole run so even if you dont like season 3, keep at it.
Again, I agree; Season 4 was exactly the time when the series started to get its footing. However, I will say that by that time it was a little too late to save the series (especially since I suspect it didn't really have the support of either its network or parent company in the first place).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Enterprise was a return to the original action adventure format. When they did action adventure they did great, but when they did drama not so much. First couple of seasons were a bit hit or miss. The 4th season (not counting the dreadful finale) demonstrated what this show could have and should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Im gonna take a quantum leap here and say maybe it was the choice for Captain..........

Nothing like type casting
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2011, 05:41 AM
I think all Trek shows have to overcome the nostalgia of the previous shows.

TNG started: "This isn't the original crew!!"
DS9 started: "This isn't a starship!!"
Voy started: "This isn't the Alpha Quadrant!!"
Ent started: "This isn't 7 of 9!!"

This next Trek to come out will also be the "worst series ever made", right up until the one after it comes out, then people will go back and like it. People are strange, hort is confused.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Im gonna take a quantum leap here and say maybe it was the choice for Captain..........
Heh, well done. Maybe a better choice would've been Ian McKellen just so the X-Men movies would've had an extra helping of tension.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post

This next Trek to come out will also be the "worst series ever made", right up until the one after it comes out, then people will go back and like it. People are strange, Hort is confused.
This isn't T pol and Porthos ?
Hey there is no Porthos i nthe C-store..
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:

This next Trek to come out will also be the "worst series ever made", right up until the one after it comes out, then people will go back and like it. People are strange, hort is confused.
With TNG it was not so much "This isn't the original crew!!", it was more a problem with the fact they had shifted the format form action-adventure to drama, but I will admit there was a lot of "That ship is butt ugly"
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Sorry dude, but T'pol is much,much,much hotter than 7 of 9...would definately wait seven years for that....!

WOOF