Lt. Commander
# 1 Possible Bug...need help?
02-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Ok, I have been a die hard fan of Tetryon Damage since Pre-release and for the longest time I have been using [Dual Tetryon Beam Bank Mk XI [Acc] [Dmg]x2] and have been getting one shot kills on a very regular basis. For an example, I have been getting Critts such as Overload III deals 51717 (35568) Tetryon Damage to.... blah blah blah, pretty much regularly.

Recently I have switched my build to use [Dual Phaser Beam Bank Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Dmg]] to try and get the percentages of Critts up even higher then it already was, along with having the extra chance to drop shields outright and the results have been extremely disappointing to say the least.

Since I have respeced in to these new weapons, my Critts have been virtually nonexistent. When I actually do Critt, it's such a small amount that I hardly notice. I have yet to one shot kill anything since then and can barely scratch the paint of another ship.

Now here is what I don't get. On paper, by math alone, I *should* be getting another 2% chance of Critts on top of the extra chance to drop shields outright due to Procs. It should be a very noticeable difference. Instead, I get the complete opposite.

So, is anyone aware of any errors with the percentages of certain weapons? Am I thinking wrongly on this? And lastly, if I need to increase my Critt chance, where in the hell can I find [Dual Phaser Beam Bank Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH]x2] and who/what drops them? And no, I don't want to spend 6 million on the market for the only one in existence.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Maybe you're just unlucky? Are there other factors that might be effecting it, such as APA, Accuracy, or your target's speed defense?

I never keep track of my crits, though, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Does resistance to phaser damage reduce the chance to recieve a critical hit as well? I've been out of the game for a while so I don't know what kind of equipment is out there at max level, but if someone were to have like 10% resistance to Phasers, would that reduce the enemy's critical hit percentage by 10%?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun421 View Post
Does resistance to phaser damage reduce the chance to recieve a critical hit as well? I've been out of the game for a while so I don't know what kind of equipment is out there at max level, but if someone were to have like 10% resistance to Phasers, would that reduce the enemy's critical hit percentage by 10%?
Which brings me to another question...are critts in this game unresistant?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Update: Somebody had suggested in game that maybe unequipping my weapons and equipping them again *might* fix the problem.

Update: Since then (About a half hour ago) I have gotten two one shot kills on BoP's in a C&H Map. It would seem that fixed the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Well thats a bizzare fix, but simple. Glad it worked out and thanks for the tip.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Update: Somebody had suggested in game that maybe unequipping my weapons and equipping them again *might* fix the problem.

Update: Since then (About a half hour ago) I have gotten two one shot kills on BoP's in a C&H Map. It would seem that fixed the issue.
That's weird!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2011, 02:34 PM
That might be a good example of all that is wrong with anecdotal evidence, lol. I don't crit anymore because all I ever do is miss... ; ;