Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
if you feel it should be reposted in general feedback where it might get seen by the devs then feel free.

another speculation as regard to the hull going from burnt/charred/holy is that nanite technology is in use in the repair systems, and the nanites go to work repairing exterior hull damage quickly now
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
I know we need something...getting tired of seeing Defiant-Rs taking it in the tail pipe from 5 KDF ships and never getting below 80% hull / 50% shields.
Your not alone in that tiredness.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post

another speculation as regard to the hull going from burnt/charred/holy is that nanite technology is in use in the repair systems, and the nanites go to work repairing exterior hull damage quickly now
Do I hear a new power concept on the horizon? Nanite combat reprogramming.
Lowers enemy hull heals by "x"% for duration due to random overide of their repair software.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Had an idea on this topic, what do ya'll think of this;

A ship takes damage which takes the hull from 100% to 80%, the ship is healed back up to 100%. It's damage resistance is lowered for the top 20% of its HP. It takes another hit that brings it down to 60%. Its damage resistance is now reduced for the top 40%.

This debuff starts to reset when a ship is out of combat at a rate of 5% per second. I.E. if a ship got down to 20% during a fight, it would take 16 seconds out of combat to lose the debuff. (80/5=16)

This would represent a general weakening of a ship's hull as it takes damage during a fight. Since during a fight, the engineering crew doesn't have time to effect serious repairs, but can only afford to bypass damaged areas to get systems working. So while everything on the ship still works, it's not as robust as it was.

"The energizer's bypassed like a Christmas tree so don't give me too many bumps"
-Scotty
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2011, 06:38 AM
healing is fine as it is.

Your instance of "5 kdf ships full on alpha striking a defiant and it doesn't drop!" is a rarity. That stems directly from a defiant having every shield resistance and hull resistance in the book stacked on it. One subnuc in that alpha strike pops him every time.

Of course you could just alpha strike a different non stacked up target :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
Had an idea on this topic, what do ya'll think of this;

A ship takes damage which takes the hull from 100% to 80%, the ship is healed back up to 100%. It's damage resistance is lowered for the top 20% of its HP. It takes another hit that brings it down to 60%. Its damage resistance is now reduced for the top 40%.

This debuff starts to reset when a ship is out of combat at a rate of 5% per second. I.E. if a ship got down to 20% during a fight, it would take 16 seconds out of combat to lose the debuff. (80/5=16)

This would represent a general weakening of a ship's hull as it takes damage during a fight. Since during a fight, the engineering crew doesn't have time to effect serious repairs, but can only afford to bypass damaged areas to get systems working. So while everything on the ship still works, it's not as robust as it was.

"The energizer's bypassed like a Christmas tree so don't give me too many bumps"
-Scotty
Why make the system so complicated? Why not try to reign in healing values and frequencies?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
That just goes to show that TOS retrofits could be useful in present Trekverse. (Time index 6:56 - 7:00)
I'm not sure I would classify their performance as "useful".

More like "death trap".
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I'm not sure I would classify their performance as "useful".

More like "death trap".
(((FLANK SHIELDS)))

DEFIANT, when the Mirandas fell.