Lt. Commander
# 101
02-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks! I did that with the key bindings for full impulse already. Now I enjoy a reliable skill setting during all my space fights ... thanks again. While experimenting with these settings I also recognized (although I don't know whether it is a bug or a feature ) that I have the Quantum Slipstream of the Borg engine available even when the Aegis engine is equipped. Seems to be sufficient to have the Borg engine in the inventory
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-16-2011, 09:28 AM
*gets out the Pritt stick and glues the thread to the top*
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Woot! Thanks Wishy!

Congrats tranceaddict!
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Can you sticky the accolades thread too?
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post

Set your power tray to 2 trays and use this:

<key> "GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Tray_Primaryparent1 x 75 $$ gensetvalue Hud_root traysize 10 1"

This will resize your 2x8 layout for 2x10, so you can see all the powers. Rotate the bottom row to your Captain powers and the top to whatever else you want to monitor. It also brings your Bridge Officer Tray (the one with pretty colors and your BO pix) back, so you can monitor their abilities.
For some reason when I use this bind the tray resize doesn't stick, I have to use the key each time I zone. Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
For some reason when I use this bind the tray resize doesn't stick, I have to use the key each time I zone. Any thoughts?
That is right. There is a way to make it stick but it is more trouble than its worth.
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
Yeah, that happens. The reason is because when you zone the system looks back to your preferences file and loads those settings. I've just made it a habit to hit F5 every time I zone no matter what .. be it zoning to Eta Eridani or PvP or Kerrat. Just hit it every time.

Guess I should annotate that in the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
That is right. There is a way to make it stick but it is more trouble than its worth.
And that would probably require delving into files in the Live folder that are best left alone by us amateurs. (I know enough to get into trouble ... just not enough to get back out.)
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey Trance,
You cuaght me in Pi Canus tonight in a DSE and walked me through the keybinds. Words can not express how much you improved my game lol.

Cheers m8, and Thanks

Now to set these up for my Tac, Eng and Klinck BoP..........
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Everything seemed to work fine, but I still have at least once a day glitches with the quick tray (row 7 in this case). The transwarp skills to DS9, K7, SB39 you get while leveling a diplomat just vanish ... :-(

Sometimes I feel like driving a car and my gear changes randomly ... I can't belief that this is a feature

But at least my fighting skills seems to stay where I want them to be
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Yeah, that happens. The reason is because when you zone the system looks back to your preferences file and loads those settings. I've just made it a habit to hit F5 every time I zone no matter what .. be it zoning to Eta Eridani or PvP or Kerrat. Just hit it every time.

Guess I should annotate that in the guide.

And that would probably require delving into files in the Live folder that are best left alone by us amateurs. (I know enough to get into trouble ... just not enough to get back out.)
One other question if anyone can answer this: In Champions Online you can save the hud positions (it's a button in options) there is no equivalent button on STO. Any one know if this feature is in STO? And if so, is there a /command or a file I can transfer between characters?

Thanks