Lt. Commander
Let me just say that I once loved the DS9 siege mission (except for the end). I've played with big and small groups and it was always a fun challenge, that is until recently.

I don't know if something has changed, but I seem to recall that if you were on the upper level and the Cardies were on the lower level, you could use the balcony for cover. Now, they seem to have acquired amazing leaping powers, enabling scores of them to meet you on the upper promenade, negating the reason for two levels. Also while on the ground floor, they can leap away to the top to avoid getting shot. It's like playing with a room full of mobs using cheat codes.

I quit out of frustration for the first time today, not wanting to bother fighting wave after wave of holo-cardies from the upper and lower levels all at once. Terrain and cover should be useful; here, it is not.

Oh, and the time before, the force fields were bugged, locked at 4/8 disabled even though they were all down.

And now my VAs can't do the quest either.

*sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2011, 06:55 AM
/Agreed in the STFs the Borg can SUPERMAN leap too!! that needs to be fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2011, 07:59 AM
The Breen were doing the Superman leap to me yesterday in those weekly missions from last year. It's interesting that a guy clad in who knows how much armor can leap 4 stories and use that as cover from you, but you can't be on an upperdeck to use as cover without your enemies jumping up to meet you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Devs, are there any plans to deal with this, or is it working as intended?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Anti-grav boots...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
It's a recent bug I think. DS9 bugged out for me last week at 6/8, put in a ticket and was advised to drop the mission and wait 15 minutes to restart I think that CS person might have been skimming through a pile of tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I have an issue with this as well, for some reason after reaching VA myself and others (All VA) can't seem to play the fleet actions at DS9, I had to ask a fleet member (RA Lower or upper half) let me join them as a teammate and that was the only way I can pick it up. After doing so the Cardassians were doing something out of a bad Kung-Fu movie and leaping from the 1st deck to 2nd while me and my team had to use the turbolifts. What is honestly going on with that anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 02:38 AM
I think it's part of a misguided attempt to make it more "fair" for the mobs and more challenging for us, as though countless hordes of holo-spawning, plasma-chucking enemies got the short end of the stick.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavenji View Post
I think it's part of a misguided attempt to make it more "fair" for the mobs and more challenging for us, as though countless hordes of holo-spawning, plasma-chucking enemies got the short end of the stick.
I really don' think this was done intentionally. One of the unfortunate truths about any complex piece of software like STO is that one can never get rid of all the bugs, mostly one just moves them around. Every fix comes with a chance of breaking something else.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2011, 05:37 AM
I direct folks to my recent post regarding this mission:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...31#post3371331