Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The Klingons have definitely improved, and Cryptic deserves credit for that. However, they are most certainly NOT “taken care of” yet. Cryptic doesnt even think that
THAT, I agree with.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2011, 12:59 AM
i would say 9 points. whilst the foundry may not be hooked up to the live servers. i can still use it and play it, and make missions and play other peoples. it may not be on holodeck but its still in the game.

klingon content however is not taken care of and whilst there has been impoundments the article gives the impression that there is much more than in reality.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2011, 03:04 AM
ARGH!!!!

I want the Bird of Prey model back that shown on that "Real Klingon Content" picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry i had to comment that)
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Personally, I think if you can't level to the top rank using PvE missions alone (and not PvP ones) then the content, in this case Klingon, hasn't been taken care off.

I hope that Cryptic use this principle and measure of quality when they release the Romulan playable faction. At launch there should at least be enough missions for players to level to maximum, without the need to continually PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2011, 05:02 AM
"Reasons Why You Should Play Star Trek Online"

- Foundry: yes, but it's not real here yet

- Featured Episodes: most certainly yes

- Diplomacy: if you have not yet played the diplomatic missions yes, even though 99% of the grind is old exploration *scan 5 clickies* content, but still, yes it is a reason to play the game if you haven't allready done that.

- New Sector Space ...no not realy a reason to *play*

- Improved Crafting ...i guess i would give half a point here, the loot has gotten better but the actual grinding for crafting materials is still as boring -> loot as a reason to play same boring old content again and again? when the new exploration system appears i'll accept this point, but not yet.

- Real Klingon Content: i agree, 8 of the best Missions in game and all the Weekly Episodes. the KDF may not have as many PvE missions as the Federation, but they most certainly have all the BEST missions in the game, "Quality > Quantity".
"taken care of" ...lol? NO! But i agree that the KDF content is a "reason to play" so yes this point does count.

- Mission Replay: no, not yet anyway. It's a nice to have option, but replaying old content is not a reason to play, especially if it is not scaling to your level.
"Remastered Episodes" would be a clear yes, even though there is only one yet, but that isn't what he said.

- Dabo: >24 hours of clicking one button to get a reward that lasts 15 minutes and is only visual fluff anyway is not what i'd call a "reason to play". clear NO.
The Chase Masterson VO is the only excuse for Dabo to even exist.

- Graphics Changes.... wasn't Sector Space just a Graphics Change? We allready had that point... so he realy only lists 9 reasons to begin with.
And no, a few new graphics make me happy but are not a "reason to play" by itself.

- Ship Interiors
noooooo....!!!
if anybody get's sucked into this game because that guy said something about ship interriors i feel the need to apologize to that individual.
this is one of the few features the Dev's just threw our way completely unfinished only so that the people on the Forum would finally shut up about it.
And hell 5 people out of 500 are even OK with what we got there, the other 495 are still waiting for something better or accepted that we will never have accurate Galaxy/Intrepid/Sovereign/Defiant Class interriors. And to top it off Cryptic is making a TOS interrior which will be in the C-Store of course.
Cryptic, how about you make a function that you can actually be proud of before milking us for money?

yeah... and that are all his points, sorry that the last one had to be a rant, but come on you know it's true.

so let's count.
i am at 4.5 of his 10 points that are realy 9 points anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Sure, KDF is light, but...
02-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I, for one, am personally going to change the perception of no Klingon content. My plan is to only make KDF missions using the Foundry. I created some fantastic missions on Redshirt and the tool has only gotten better. Once the Foundry goes live look for missions created by Quarlo, because they are going to blow your mind.

Boom!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Wow. Really good article up to that statement. The Klingons have definitely improved, and Cryptic deserves credit for that. However, they are most certainly NOT “taken care of” yet. Cryptic doesnt even think that. That comment only goes to show how out of touch the writer is with the community and Cryptic's own comments.
/signed

i thought that statement really ruined an otherwise good article
Lt. Commander
# 18 Hmm
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
"Reasons Why You Should Play Star Trek Online"

- Foundry: yes, but it's not real here yet

- Featured Episodes: most certainly yes

- Diplomacy: if you have not yet played the diplomatic missions yes, even though 99% of the grind is old exploration *scan 5 clickies* content, but still, yes it is a reason to play the game if you haven't allready done that.

- New Sector Space ...no not realy a reason to *play*

- Improved Crafting ...i guess i would give half a point here, the loot has gotten better but the actual grinding for crafting materials is still as boring -> loot as a reason to play same boring old content again and again? when the new exploration system appears i'll accept this point, but not yet.

- Real Klingon Content: i agree, 8 of the best Missions in game and all the Weekly Episodes. the KDF may not have as many PvE missions as the Federation, but they most certainly have all the BEST missions in the game, "Quality > Quantity".
"taken care of" ...lol? NO! But i agree that the KDF content is a "reason to play" so yes this point does count.

- Mission Replay: no, not yet anyway. It's a nice to have option, but replaying old content is not a reason to play, especially if it is not scaling to your level.
"Remastered Episodes" would be a clear yes, even though there is only one yet, but that isn't what he said.

- Dabo: >24 hours of clicking one button to get a reward that lasts 15 minutes and is only visual fluff anyway is not what i'd call a "reason to play". clear NO.
The Chase Masterson VO is the only excuse for Dabo to even exist.

- Graphics Changes.... wasn't Sector Space just a Graphics Change? We allready had that point... so he realy only lists 9 reasons to begin with.
And no, a few new graphics make me happy but are not a "reason to play" by itself.

- Ship Interiors
noooooo....!!!
if anybody get's sucked into this game because that guy said something about ship interriors i feel the need to apologize to that individual.
this is one of the few features the Dev's just threw our way completely unfinished only so that the people on the Forum would finally shut up about it.
And hell 5 people out of 500 are even OK with what we got there, the other 495 are still waiting for something better or accepted that we will never have accurate Galaxy/Intrepid/Sovereign/Defiant Class interriors. And to top it off Cryptic is making a TOS interrior which will be in the C-Store of course.
Cryptic, how about you make a function that you can actually be proud of before milking us for money?

yeah... and that are all his points, sorry that the last one had to be a rant, but come on you know it's true.

so let's count.
i am at 4.5 of his 10 points that are realy 9 points anyway.
WHILE Some things are a rant I will have to agree. that 4 of the 9 items only make the MMO grade. While the report tries to start cryptic on a good note that they are the only mmo to make changes in less then a year. another lie as other mmos has made drematic changes to their games as well. Any way i agree these are not the best reasons to play STO.

Its a nice game to get into but dont have high expectations should have been the article. i dont like when these articles are gear towards great when a game is not great. it is good a good game but it is still growing and missing many star trek aspects.

foundry should not be mention as it is not out and inf ull swing
ship interiors do not do anything. you go to a section and ohhh it looks generic to every ship the same. a galaxy did not have a soverign like engineering section. the defiant does not have a soverign engineering section.
Lt. Commander
# 19 mehh....
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Mehhh...

the foundry is good, because it lets the community amuse themselves by making missions, new twists and ideas when no real new content is coming out by the developers. For myself, I'll get more into the whole making my own content, when I have my favourite STO race as a faction, the Romulans.

Personally, I think cryptic should invest in making all the factions playable ASAP, even if it is only a bare bones faction similar to how the Klingons started out. Is it ideal, no. But, neither is having to wait 2-3 years for the third faction. I'm glad I'm a Romulan fanboy, because I would hate having to be a Cardassian or Dominion fanboy...projected playable faction is probably a decade from now.

All I'm saying is the foundry is a great idea, but another great idea would be allowing everyone to be able to play for the faction they love, even at the most basic level...for as user generated content shows, players have a way of keeping themselves amused if you give them the basic tools to do so.

So, until the Romulans come out, I'll be staying off line testing out other game options.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextar
Mehhh...

the foundry is good, because it lets the community amuse themselves by making missions, new twists and ideas when no real new content is coming out by the developers. For myself, I'll get more into the whole making my own content, when I have my favourite STO race as a faction, the Romulans.

Personally, I think cryptic should invest in making all the factions playable ASAP, even if it is only a bare bones faction similar to how the Klingons started out. Is it ideal, no. But, neither is having to wait 2-3 years for the third faction. I'm glad I'm a Romulan fanboy, because I would hate having to be a Cardassian or Dominion fanboy...projected playable faction is probably a decade from now.

All I'm saying is the foundry is a great idea, but another great idea would be allowing everyone to be able to play for the faction they love, even at the most basic level...for as user generated content shows, players have a way of keeping themselves amused if you give them the basic tools to do so.

So, until the Romulans come out, I'll be staying off line testing out other game options.
I agree, it sucks being a Cardassian fanboi

Its been a year and there is no sign of a Cardassian faction and no chance to play one that isn't an alien that looks as much like a Cardassian as possible. And waiting 2 more years isn't really an option unless something major changes in the game so in 2 years it is the must play mmo out in the market I can't see myself waiting around for that length to get to play the faction I want. Which is a shame cause the early pre-release videos clearly showed Cardassians and gave the impression they would be fully playable.

More annoying perhaps is that a slight problem with the colours on jackets for Federation is a major issue, the complete lack of additonal uniforms such as Romulan or Cardassian or even Klingon for that matter is ignored. It would be nice to get some feedback from the devs that yes they haven't the staff available to add these factions but they will be added to the C-store so they can be played if you wish even though its part of one of the big factions.