Lt. Commander
# 41
02-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Things making PvP less fun:

1. Spam! NPCs and mines, that require no skill whatsoever. A good spamming team may put out a sustained damage equalling 1-2 turretboats. Taking out this trash is a full time job for 1-2 ships. Not to mention it's more boring than fighting NPCs in B'Tran... :p

2. Sci boff skills are overpowered!

3. Sci boff skills are underpowered!

Explained:
A sci ship, running high aux and nice sci nice is very underpowered. But if you have 2 or 3 sci ships, sporting the same skills and coordinating, it becomes very overpowered! I definately see a need for buffing sci boff skills, but at the same time indroducing resists and prevent abilities from stacking.

How cool would it be to be attacked by two sci ships coordinating two completely different sets of boff skills? A lot cooler than being chain SS'd, or getting 3 tykens or GWs on you i think.

Also, the skills that noone use needs a real boost. Varitaion equals fun!
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Exactly, the dilemma with Science Ships. It's like the old saying, "Stand by ourselves, we are weak. But together we are strong".

There are a few PvP Fleets that sometimes PvP in all Intrepids and can do some serious damage. And of course there are a few people who still pull off powerful heal builds that test even the most skilled PvPers. Which I find ironic is that it's the same reason why Cryptic nerfed Cruisers, to prevent invulnerable builds.

In all honesty, Cryptic really should start from scratch with the space combat system. Because right now we are patching a patched up tire and the flaws have become very noticeable now.