Lt. Commander
i know its cosmetic issues but:

please cryptic, if you sell "original XYZ" items via c-store, no matter if its uniforms, bridges or ships, please make sure that there ARE in fact original.

The original Defiant Bridge is missing its Central Con/OPs console in front of the viewscreen. this is a cosmetic bug, but its really some kind of fraud, selling an "original defiant bridge" that in fact is not original. there enough pix around that shows these bridges in detail, and its not hard to copy those. if you cannot provide original startrek things, you should not label them original. its froud. it IS froud. just because these things are digital sellings its not less a fraud, cause we payed real money to get those "original" bridges/ships/uniforms whatever.

there many mistakes in the bridges that are still not corrected. some bridges really fail completely in beeing like the original ones.

really youve done a good job with this game and its developement, but IF you do something, DO IT RIGHT or get your hands off from it.

if you cannot make original ships/bridges/uniforms dont try to, and dont label them as "original". im really interesting how the TOS "original" interior will look like ...

bye the way: i want my money back for all those wrong designed bridges.

and still im wondering, why the D'Kyr has less customization options on live than on test. i bought the ship because it had some options on tribble, that it now doesnt have, and there was no way i could have known that in advance.

youre selling the pig in a poke. this in terms of law is called "fraud". and sometime this perhaps may brake your bones, if you contiue this. i know we all want to make profit, but NOT DUE TO FRAUD, but to the real work we do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
They are original.

They are Cryptic original.

What they are not, are replicas.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
They are original.

They are Cryptic original.

What they are not, is replicas.
completely missing the point
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 11:02 AM
nvm

thought better of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
okay im selling you "my original les paul special 2 ebony" for 1000 dollars in ebay.

when you get the pakage youll see thats "my way of original" les paul, which in fact is an epiphone lespaul replica special 2 ebony. so youre happy with it then? no ...

sometimes i think people are stupid or something if i get those answers.
when you sell something labeling it "original" it has to be original. if you buy an original apple i pod you wouldnt like to get an "microtex mobile touchscreenphone" with a cherry on it ... this is why there ARE licensec around. to make sure ppl dont do stupid stuff with the license.

if i sell an original defiant bridge, that in fact misses the very important part of the bridge layout, the CON/OPs console its a fraud that license giving companys want to avoid.

by the way your example of replica vs original is wrong.

original: defiant brigede seen in the series

replica: the one sold in cstore. its mostly like the original, but not completely.

some replicas differ in quality some in visuals.

to make it clear. there is a "Les paul special 2 ebony" guitar.

and there is a

"epiphone special 2 ebony (replica of a les paul)"

never ever would epiphone name their replica guitars "les paul original special 2 ebony" guitar. never EVER. cause they would get heavy struggle with Les Paul, cause they labbel their product as the original LP one.

thats why the second guitar is named epiphone (les paul) special 2 ebony.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 11:06 AM
You're analogy is completly off the mark.

But since you are armchair lawyering and throwing around words like fraud; I'll just leave you to your raging.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 11:11 AM
okay. so cryptic is allowed to alter the designs as they wish, but selling them to be "like they are in the series" ?

i dont get your point in this case. what does the term original mean then? does it mean: as i like it?

so im selling an original apple ipod to someone which in fact is some kind of noname touchscreen mobile phone?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 11:15 AM
when i read "original defiant bridge" in C-Store i expect to get this

http://www.trekdinner-dortmund.net/U...ant-bridge.jpg

this is related to the term original. maybe to some strange views on law i may be wrong to expect this, but i think im not the only one expecting the bridge to be like the one in the series, when i BUY an "original defiant bridge"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDespair
when i read "original defiant bridge" in C-Store i expect to get this...
Maybe there is something in-game that I can't see, but the only thing I could find on the c-store page related to the Defiant, besides the ship itself, was:

Quote:
Federation Bridge Pack: Defiant Variants (3)
(120 Atari Tokens)

Explore the final frontier from the Warship, Key, and Utopia bridges! Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these bridges for all Federation characters on an account.
Is it possible you didn't read it correctly? Because I can find nothing advertising the "original" Defiant bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
okay, i really thought i read original somewhere. but still ... . so "variant" means having no console for controlling the ship? nevertheless its really poor to have it not there. i still dont get the point, whats so hard to just repeat something correctly. missing out the cpt chair would be the only more obvious thing ...

so at least they could make the preview shots more like those i posted earlier. so we really can see the things were supposed to pay for. the shots in cstore are mainly a small pic focussed on the cpt chair. one top view-preview image would be nice and fair.