Lt. Commander
I swear STO is the one MMO that takes forever to update every time there's an update patch to grab.

There has to be an easier way. Is there a .torrent we can download to get the update quicker?

This is freakin' stupid, I've been downloading now for an hour and I only have 33% of the patch from today so far. Something just isn't right about the STO loader and patches.

I've downloaded patches/updates that were larger in other MMOs before and it never took this long.

Is there an alternative method for us as users to update this game? If there isn't, there certainly should be, because my connection isn't slow, it's the STO loader and the servers you're using evidently.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 12:31 PM
If you think STO has slow patching, you've obviously never played WoW.

As to speed....I had no problems patching, so the problem must be on your end.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah. I don't know what is up with this patch. Usually I can patch in 15 to 30 minutes, but today, I've been patching for 2 hours or more and am only at 66%.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 12:48 PM
That's odd. I've found Cryptic's patcher to be one of the fastest out there from my experience. Perhaps there is something else going on thats causing the problem...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
If you think STO has slow patching, you've obviously never played WoW.

As to speed....I had no problems patching, so the problem must be on your end.
That's the most ignorant and uninformed reply ever. How do you know I don't work for an ISP provider and that I'm connected directly to a trunk? You don't, but you certainly assumed as much, which is simply put, ignorance, and that's not even close to an educated guess.

I could be equally as ignorant and assume all WOW players are like 12 years old and they like most teenagers, think they know it all, and they're often so wrong, and almost never right about a good many things. But I won't! lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I've found the last 2 patches to be painfuly slow.

Come home from work, see there is a patch wait hours for it to download. I'm loosing a nights gaming every time they patch now
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorX70
That's the most ignorant and uninformed reply ever. How do you know I don't work for an ISP provider and that I'm connected directly to a trunk? You don't, but you certainly assumed as much, which is simply put, ignorance, and that's not even close to an educated guess.

I could be equally as ignorant and assume all WOW players are like 12 years old and they like most teenagers, think they know it all, and they're often so wrong, and almost never right about a good many things. But I won't! lol
Wow. A little defensive, are we?

I don't call that ignorance, I call it common sense. It's the same thing when one player posts about getting disconnected constantly, blaming Cryptic for everything, while every single reply to that post is along the lines of 'No problems here'. Think about it.

And even if you were connected directly to a trunk, who's to say another hop down the way between you and the patching servers isn't having problems? The internet is a complicated beast.