Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
i honestly have no idea what this thread is about. its a ship? for upper tiers. what the heck is there to scale?

personally i think the ship is awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i honestly have no idea what this thread is about. its a ship? for upper tiers. what the heck is there to scale?

personally i think the ship is awesome.
I think he's tring to say that all c-store ships should scale to Tier 6 quality once Tier 6 is released later this year.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I think he's tring to say that all c-store ships should scale to Tier 6 quality once Tier 6 is released later this year.
i have heard nothing to;

a) suggest there will ever be a tier 6. there are now so many tier 5 thats tier 6 is becoming less and less a possibility.
b) if there is that all current ships wont get some kind of fancy upgrade anyway that unlocks at a higher rank.
c) why is he singling out the vulcan ship. no tier 5 ship scales. again it does not scale because there is nothing to scale to yet, if ever.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
well you sure belong in this bs thread. how would the current top of the line ships become obsolte. what, they gonna suck 9 NEW ships out of their thumbs that outperform ships like the sovereign ? doubtfull ....
Sorry your having such a bad day <gives Cedric a cookie>, but that's usually how MMOPRG's work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
new lvls arent needed either, they hardly have enough to keep you busy at the current cap, what r they gonna do with a new one .... im not dumping my Nebula either. they can invent new ships n new tiers if they want to. but nebula = my one and true love!
i wouldn't worry about the sovereign, she's only 40 years old by game time, so she should be getting a SLEP style refit soon. I like my nebula too
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post

There ya go. That's PRECISELY what I'm saying.

If I put down 12 bucks on my imaginary spaceship that imaginary spaceship better remain worth it. This isn't like a car where it would cost Cryptic millions to retrofit Honda Civics... they get a guy to build the tech, and they apply the tech.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2011, 01:18 PM
perhaps once they actually announce and start testing a new tier ship it'll be time to sorry, but honestly that probably won't be for another year or two IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Nonsense. Look at the engineering report. Crafting refits is in the long-term goals. T6? Nowhere to be seen. So if they work through their list we get the necessary system to upgrade T5s to T6 before there even is a T6.

I'm going to buy the D'Kyr as soon as my Vulcan engineer is Rear Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2011, 01:22 PM
im sure many others, like I will cease to play this game once another tier is introduced making earlier tiers obsolete.

another tier, should be a highly specialized tier like how eve did tech 3. it isnt better than tech 2, but can be highly specialized in a particular area.

why make the defiant-r, voyager-r, galaxy-r for the die hard fans to use at end game, since those were tier 4 ships before, and then just shoot it all down by making tier 6 make those iconic ships obsolete.

i think if cryptic had sense, and theyve shown that they do have some, that they will make it so that going forward, you can configure your -R ships to keep up with new improvements to technology.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-18-2011, 01:22 PM
So this thread is a warning about the lack of a feature that does not yet exist and may not be needed in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
We're getting tier 6. I can say this pretty comfortably because we're going to most likely be getting pet "Captains".

If we're going to get pet captains, it's not a stretch to say we'll be bumped up to full on Admirals.... and then Fleet Admirals.