Lt. Commander
# 211
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
The bugged numbers before put DBB dmg into the 90% area for damage increase on FAW 3... single beams according to Snix should have been right around the 40%-drain mechanics. Of course the slightly lower dmg numbers is due to extra power drain from the skill, as others have pointed out the same effect CSV has when firing on multiple targets. More hits = more drain = less dps. As far as I am aware the Energey drain mechanic is 100% intentional. I seem to remember it being part of the fix that was introduced when CSV was corrected.

Oh, no more ROFL+90%LOLHAX any more...

So, back to cannons, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 212
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaphase View Post
I don't mind the update at all to FAW, unlike some folks that read STO forumns for their set ups I can adapt to the change..
yup, new FAW tested out and confirmed to be broken as intended. Way to kill a skill and reduce variation.

I see NO use in running FAW3 anymore. It now is pretty much as useless as FAW1.
Lt. Commander
# 213
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
yup, new FAW tested out and confirmed to be broken as intended. Way to kill a skill and reduce variation.

I see NO use in running FAW3 anymore. It now is pretty much as useless as FAW1.
FAW 3 does an excellent job of shooting random targets like it was intended. Thanks Snix, great fix!
Lt. Commander
# 214
02-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
FAW 3 does an excellent job of shooting random targets like it was intended. Thanks Snix, great fix!
if by excellent you mean useless... good for mines. also useful for pets IF there are no mines around.

And ONE cannon with CSV1 does that 10 times better.

as for what was intended... according to the description it should deliver high damage to one target. For intentions, i'd trust the abilitys descripton to state intentions, rather than you personal opinions on what this skill should do.

But i believe pvp will show this for itself. FAW3 will go back to being a dead skill, and for every dead skill the challenge, variation and fun of pvp is reduced.

Good job on making pvp a little more dull...
Lt. Commander
# 215
02-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
if by excellent you mean useless... good for mines. also useful for pets IF there are no mines around.

And ONE cannon with CSV1 does that 10 times better.

as for what was intended... according to the description it should deliver high damage to one target. For intentions, i'd trust the abilitys descripton to state intentions, rather than you personal opinions on what this skill should do.

But i believe pvp will show this for itself. FAW3 will go back to being a dead skill, and for every dead skill the challenge, variation and fun of pvp is reduced.

Good job on making pvp a little more dull...
This. The FAW2/3 DBB bug was something that unintentionally created more variety and spice. It did end up being ever so slightly OP and needed to be brought down a bit, but variety is good -- losing it is not. 90% sounds excessive but the thing about the DBBs was that you could not use the rear wepoans slots at all to augment forward DPS. In many situations (eg. 3km or less, turrets in back) CRF*2* did better damage than FAW*3* with the benefit of always being single target. As much as some people will disagree and scream 'exploiter', FAW with DBB was actually pretty nicely balanced beforehand.
Lt. Commander
# 216
02-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
As much as some people will disagree and scream 'exploiter', FAW with DBB was actually pretty nicely balanced beforehand.
I thought it was rather excessive & no where near balanced

I used it tho. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 217
02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Quote:
This. The FAW2/3 DBB bug was something that unintentionally created more variety and spice. It did end up being ever so slightly OP and needed to be brought down a bit, but variety is good -- losing it is not.d.
I do agree that 90% wat a bit over the top. 40% is too low. I suspect the balanced number would be in the 70-80% range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
I thought it was rather excessive & no where near balanced

I used it tho. ^^
I used it until snix declared it bugged, then parked that particular captain while waiting for the patch. Tried it again yesterday, and confirmed it's utter uselessness.
Lt. Commander
# 218
02-19-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
This. The FAW2/3 DBB bug was something that unintentionally created more variety and spice. It did end up being ever so slightly OP and needed to be brought down a bit, but variety is good -- losing it is not. 90% sounds excessive but the thing about the DBBs was that you could not use the rear wepoans slots at all to augment forward DPS. In many situations (eg. 3km or less, turrets in back) CRF*2* did better damage than FAW*3* with the benefit of always being single target. As much as some people will disagree and scream 'exploiter', FAW with DBB was actually pretty nicely balanced beforehand.
I would never call anyone an exploiter for using a skill that is bugged in such an ambiguous way. Most of us knew something was up but couldn't put our finger on it. The nature of the skill made it pretty hard to test reliably... but come on lol we all knew it was more then a little OP. I wouldn't argue that it took a bit of talent to use properly, however it was not hard to use properly and the pay off was FAR more then using cannons properly. Come on Jorf... I seem to remember one of our Defiant 5 mans picking a good lore team apart with Faw builds when we where trying to prove to folk just how broken it was.
Lt. Commander
# 219
02-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I would never call anyone an exploiter for using a skill that is bugged in such an ambiguous way. Most of us knew something was up but couldn't put our finger on it. The nature of the skill made it pretty hard to test reliably... but come on lol we all knew it was more then a little OP. I wouldn't argue that it took a bit of talent to use properly, however it was not hard to use properly and the pay off was FAR more then using cannons properly. Come on Jorf... I seem to remember one of our Defiant 5 mans picking a good lore team apart with Faw builds when we where trying to prove to folk just how broken it was.
I'd agree to it being a little OP. 10-20% maybe. The MAIN reason for it being OP however, was that noone was prepared to counter it, and instead of adapting they went to the forum. Some teams adapted, and facing them with a FAW build was absolutely horrible. It really is a easy skill to not only counter, but turn to your advantage! (SS, FBP)

(Also, I agree that it was more than a little OP 1v1, but 1v1 is not what PvP should be balanced for. right? If you manage to seperate one ship from it's team, you've earned the advantage.)