Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Not really.

The point is the markings are just as much a canon part of ships as the Warp Nacelles are.
Optional stripes.... whats next, being allowed to paint the entire hull klingon green?

Heck, most ships don't even have stripes yet and need them badly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I say if you don't like em don't fly fed ships. fed ships have fed markings nuff said.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2011, 08:41 AM
hmm.......faszinating
How cannon are these ship variations in the ship modificator?
Or to put all these patterns on the ships?

As i said obove, they are nice to have, but on some ship classes, it doesn't look very good and not really cannon. Especially because the stripe on the back on the intrepid or the nova is too fat and too bright.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh i agree the stripes on some of the ships definitely need "improving"
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
About the stripes, the main issue I'm having is that with the Intrepid, the Cryptic designed shps don't have the stripes.

So for instance, when you use an Intrepid saucer and cochrane engineering hull, the stripe actually cuts off, which makes the result look particularly ugly.

I'm not a fan of the red stripes myself, patrially because it clashes with the blue hull decals I'm using on all my ships. I'd love for them to be optional.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I want the BSG markings on my fed ship as well!

Of all the requests this must be the strangest!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post

Hehe. Can we have a Battlestar to go with that. The approval process should be fun.

I sympathize with your attention to detail original poster. We have to watch material already made a lot, for new material seems to have drowned in the economical depression.

Can't they do as the Roman Emperor, and just burn the building storing the records of debt. That made everything better over the night! :p

---
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post

BATTLESTAR ENTERPRISE
BSG 1707
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thchild
After so much waiting and hoping we finally have all those stripes and starfleet emblems on the ship models (Galaxy, Intrepid in particular), and already someone comes up and wants them gone.

Just waiting for someone to wish for the original Galaxy model to be brought back
I guess its impossible to please everyone.

I guess they could make the stripes optional so everyone can tune the ship the way they like it, but i for one love all the stripes.
Devs should never make changes like this in game without making them options. It's kind of a no brainer. If it can't be an option then it should never be implemented. Same goes for the Cloaking Graphics change they forced on us. Little things like this add up over a period of time and eventually players get sick of it and leave.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
I say if you don't like em don't fly fed ships. fed ships have fed markings nuff said.
"nuff" said? What, did somebody die and make you judge and jury? So because you said, "nuff said" you honestly think people will suddenly stop talking about it? People like you kill me...