Lt. Commander
# 601
02-19-2011, 07:54 AM
You might want to fix the uniforms changed in the recent patch. Such as the DS9/VOY uniform.

Keep up the awesome work Mr. Blackavaar. I'm using the game for a mini Star Trek Episode and I love having perfectly canon uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 602
02-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
You might want to fix the uniforms changed in the recent patch. Such as the DS9/VOY uniform.
If you're referring to them being lighter, I think that is going to be fixed next week, so Blackavaar, you should wait until then to redo the guide.
Lt. Commander
# 603
02-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karth
Thanks man! Glad to have a one stop shop for all my uniforming whims!
You're very welcome, Karth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_McKaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrelbyrd View Post
I tried making the Federation Mercenary 1 uniform, but the ingame version looks very grey compared to the one on the picture. Did you make the colors darker on the picture?
That is because ingame defaults, on mine anyway to 120% brightness, so the colours here always look a little darker than they do ingame

Its odd, but something you live with after gaming for years.
Yes, Patrick is right. The colors in the Tailor always appear a bit darker than the in-game lighting. The colors chosen, however, are chosen for the way they appear in-game, not in the Tailor screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
Quote:

Keep up the awesome work Mr. Blackavaar. I'm using the game for a mini Star Trek Episode and I love having perfectly canon uniforms.
If you're referring to them being lighter, I think that is going to be fixed next week, so Blackavaar, you should wait until then to redo the guide.
I agree, Tuskin. The current configuration is a bug and should be fixed soon. I'll hold off for now. Thanks for the heads up though, William. I appreciate it.

Lt. Commander
# 604
02-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
I was referring to the switching of the color spots, not the lighter-ness. I logged on and my DS9/VOY uniforms had their color palettes switched so that instead of Red with a Gray collar, they were gray with a red color.

The middle box of the the three shirt colors is now the collar as opposed to the upper shirt part.
And the last box is vice versa.

That may not be a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 605
02-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
I was referring to the switching of the color spots, not the lighter-ness. I logged on and my DS9/VOY uniforms had their color palettes switched so that instead of Red with a Gray collar, they were gray with a red color.

The middle box of the the three shirt colors is now the collar as opposed to the upper shirt part.
And the last box is vice versa.

That may not be a bug.
Oh, really? Yeah, I'll definitely have to check on that. Thanks for the heads up.

Lt. Commander
# 606
02-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Here's my theory on what happened: when they updated the DS9/Voy and TNG film uniforms, they were suddenly darker than the pants. So they darkened the pants, but someone lightened the uniforms, reversing the problem. So hopefully they'll fix it all this week
Lt. Commander
# 607
02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Here's my theory on what happened: when they updated the DS9/Voy and TNG film uniforms, they were suddenly darker than the pants. So they darkened the pants, but someone lightened the uniforms, reversing the problem. So hopefully they'll fix it all this week
Yeah, and it looks like they changed the DS9 color selections so they line up with those of the Next Gen Film uniforms. I'm not sure why though. The colors chosen matched the way the uniforms should look before. Now if you switch from DS9 to Next Gen Film you have to recolor for it to be canon. Not a smart change.

Lt. Commander
# 608
02-21-2011, 01:02 AM
This is just a suggestion, but you might want to update the WoK and TOS Mirror uniforms since they both have separate belt parts. The TOS mirror belt is especially irritating since the part around the waist only has access to the standard uniform colors while the flap/moving part has access to the off duty colors.
Lt. Commander
# 609
02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePerson
This is just a suggestion, but you might want to update the WoK and TOS Mirror uniforms since they both have separate belt parts. The TOS mirror belt is especially irritating since the part around the waist only has access to the standard uniform colors while the flap/moving part has access to the off duty colors.
I was hoping they would fix this at some point, so I've been avoiding updating the TOS Mirror Uniforms. But the WoK Mirror Uniforms are already done accounting for this. If you notice, the belt portion is pointed to from the Standard color pallet, while the sash is pointed to from the Off Duty pallet.

I'll consider updating the TOS, since it seems they aren't planning to fix the pallet problem any time soon. It looks like Gold B2 (2nd to the left from the center) would be the proper Standard choice.

Thanks!

Lt. Commander
# 610
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd like to wear the WOK belt with my diplomat uniform but sadly the main belt goes over the jacket which looks a little daft. I think it would look aweome if just the belt insignia were visible.