Lt. Commander
I first want to point to Matt that, wow, amazing job on the Gorn. The new Gorn looks brilliant. It's really amazing.

What's highly disappointing is that the old Gorn won't be a part of the customization. I don't know about some people, but I've grown quite fond of the current Gorn and actually really like them. It's apart of my Gorn's character's character. Do you know what I mean? It's become who my captain is. I don't know if I want to change that nor do I want to level another captain on the KDF. I just got to Captain on my Gorn after a whole year.

I understand there is serious coding issues but that is seriously not a great thing. Taking away customizability for customizability's sake is not a good compromise. As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a big Gorn fan and i've been so anxious for the update as well. If you look in my posting history, i've had 10 threads asking when the new features were coming out.

I know we can keep the current look, but then that alienates us from even getting the new options. If anything that may alienate a big portion of people who don't want the new look. With that, then a lot of effort will be put into something a bunch of people won't use. Also, what of the people who don't use the forums?

I beseech you Matt, coders, devs. Please make it so we can use both the current and new Gorn very much like how we have Humanoid 01 and humanoid 02.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Nobody really wants this to happen?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Nobody really wants this to happen?
I do. I'm wondering, if it's due to technical limitations, what's wrong with having both Gorn as two different species. After all, there are multiple Gorn species in some soft canon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
I do. I'm wondering, if it's due to technical limitations, what's wrong with having both Gorn as two different species. After all, there are multiple Gorn species in some soft canon.
I am in favor for anything to be an option. Reminds me of when they took my Cloaking Graphics away and replaced it with that...whatever they want to call it...

Chances are, you will be done the same way i was done. You either go with what they want you to go with or too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2011, 07:33 PM
There is already a whole thread devoted to this topic, which you have obviously read. Starting duplicate threads does not help your cause.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=192798

Please move your discussion there, as that is where we will be looking for player feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
There is already a whole thread devoted to this topic, which you have obviously read. Starting duplicate threads does not help your cause.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=192798

Please move your discussion there, as that is where we will be looking for player feedback.
Sorry Matt, these things happen when one feel's passionately about something I will bring what I said here there, and I am sorry for being a spammer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=192798

For some reason that link isn't working...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I wanna throw this out over here too...

If nothing else, make the current Gorn the "female" gender for Gorn. Even if you can't fix the UI to display "Caste" instead Gender, it would be better than just saying "don't even edit this skin again if you wanna keep it"