Lt. Commander
# 31
02-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurganus
I would prolly have to agree with the highlighted section there, that they have in fact been here longer then what we know, and I say that because there have only been a few recorded incidents with that alternate universe. The 2 episodes of TOS, the Episode of TNG, the few episodes of DS9, one of Voyager, and then the Enterprise 2 parter. Now given thats a big handfull, given that just about everything even as far back as enterprise was recorded in some way shape or form youd expect there to be more right?
There was no Voyager or Next-Gen mirror universe episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I am in your universe... stealing your tech!
"Priority One Alert........This is Starfleet Command to all ships, locate and detain Mirror-Master. Repeat, this is a Priority One Alert from Starfleet Command."
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
But that flies in the face of your 2nd point. You're right, why conquerers again? I always believed that the people in the mirror universe do not naturally tend to be 'evil', its the differences in history that caused the differences. I think it was suggested that in the mirror universe, Cochran told the vulcans and other humans about the Borg in First Contact, setting the stage for a more militaristic and xenophobic outlook. STO makes it seem like Terrans in the mirror universe are born evil or something.
I thought I heard, or read somewhere that ole' Zephram greeted the first Vulcan out of the ship with a bullet to the brain-pan.

Lt. Commander
# 34
02-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
I thought I heard, or read somewhere that ole' Zephram greeted the first Vulcan out of the ship with a bullet to the brain-pan.

In the opening for the Enterprise episodes dealing with the Mirror Universe, you see him shooting the Vulcan greeting party. I think Enterprise suggested that the MU Earth had a more violent history in general than Earth Prime. The same stories exist, for example, but the Mirror versions all have more emphasis on vengeance and a general eye-for-an-eye mentality (going at least as far back as Shakespeare).

I think it was one of Shatner's novels that proposed the idea that Mirror Cochrane told the Vulcans about the Borg, which is what set the MU Terrans down the more violent path
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
I think it was one of Shatner's novels that proposed the idea that Mirror Cochrane told the Vulcans about the Borg, which is what set the MU Terrans down the more violent path
Yep, he told them about the 'zombie cyborg army' that had tried to keep him from launching, and all Earth space development was Military-focused from then on.

It was a pretty obscure part of that book even (mostly it was the 2 Spocks just trying to figure out the point the universes 'diverged' in a side story) so its not surprising that the Ent writers chose to make Mirror Earth more cutthroat pre-First Contact.