Lt. Commander
# 1 New Crew System: Borg alcoves?
02-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Thinking back to VOY, I recall the episodes when they had those 4 liberated borg kids aboard. with Seven also, that was 5 borgs aboard total.
I was wondering if you guys had thought of making this new Crew System feature "winnable" borg crew+alcoves? That would be epic if we could mosey down to our ships' cargo bays and find a borg chamber filled with liberated borgs all serving to repair and improve ship performance.
I was thinking that basic(er) borg crew and/or equipment (alcoves etc.) could be crafted, maybe even make 'rare' quality available at memAlpha, but save 'very rare' as rewards for STFs. if there are any new ones coming out soon, that would be a great reward idea.
Hopefully the borg would come separately, that is, completion of a certain mission or STF would get you 1 alcove set or something, then u'd hafta complete another to earn a few drones, once that alcove is full u'd hafta earn another one... basically, the more you complete, the more alcoves and liberated drones you earn. (up to a limit, probably) I hope mainly to see players having to earn them. not just randomly pick them up or craft 100 of them or something simple... STFs are a great way of doing that, imo. plus it would go right along with the STF item theme. With the main theme of VA's missions being borg, why not even add an extra ship Borg Boff slot when enough borg equipment is earned? (more customization there)

I was thinking the borg crew could provide different quality improvements. that is, so that they aren't necessarily better than regular crew in every situation. perhaps they would work great, possibly provide extra buffs, with borg set items, but not so good with regular or aegis items... I can see a new skill of perhaps a borg version of Miracle Worker. possibly a gradual "hull regeneration sequence" or "borg autonomous targeting sequence" or even a "borg photonic fleet" :p just a wild thought there... (if curious, the list could go on... "borg boarding shuttle teams", "borg photonic officers", "borg tactical/engine/sci teams")

Anyways, 2 main reasons i wanted to bring this to mind. 1, its obviously a fairly big part of ST: Voy, make it more like trek there. and 2, it would add to the uniqueness of players' crew stats +/ ship abilities.
Well, now that thats all out, I feel alot better. I guess I just had a borg moment (needless to say, with a dreadnought loaded with all 4 borg tech and a borg sci officer, ima borg fanatic!)

lemme kno if/what you have thought about this idea!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a Borg plot to slowly assimilate starships by leaving around technology that greedy aliens won't be able to resist acquiring.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2011, 10:57 PM
I had actually thought something like this would be cool with all my other Borg gear! My Liberated Borg Captains would feel so much more at home when they can link with the crew in such a manner!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
I had actually thought something like this would be cool with all my other Borg gear! My Liberated Borg Captains would feel so much more at home when they can link with the crew in such a manner!
RESISTANCE IS FUTIL..... I mean yeah...it would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Sounds like a Borg plot to slowly assimilate starships by leaving around technology that greedy aliens won't be able to resist acquiring.
I knew it, there is a Plot in place.

If the Borg cant assimilte the federation, because the Feds are effective in defeating Borg, wy not let them Assimilate them selves. Sounds very Borgish to me.

For the OP we dont know a lot about the Crew System yet, but i didnt get the Point it where it can be very usefull. The Only Borg BO are from the C-store and KA, and as a liftimer you can be one aswell.