Lt. Commander
# 11
02-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
I also hope this means they'll be cleaning up some of the existing species, too. Like the Gorn needing their three fingered hands, or giving the Yridian in DS9 proper looking spindly, tapering fingers. Or the Benzites' double-thumbs!
Still, it's good to know that this kinda stuff is on their list.
So glad someone mentioned the Benzites. Two thumbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
You can't hotlink to ex-astris-scientia!
But the people who see it can right click, "copy link address," then paste it into their browser!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Speaking of alien gen, there are still some parts in it that have been broken since beta

http://i.imgur.com/i18BL.jpg

The horns are nice from the front, but when viewed from behind, parts of them are transparent.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We will be allowing the character art team some organization and clean up time for the alien gen creator soon. There are a lot of strange things missing and in general, I'd like to see more "alien" parts added on a regular basis.
Cainoids for the KDF!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
We will be allowing the character art team some organization and clean up time for the alien gen creator soon. There are a lot of strange things missing and in general, I'd like to see more "alien" parts added on a regular basis.
Do you even realise for how long some of us are waiting for this answer?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
2 things:

WOOT!

and

Cat ears plz. >.>

(What? I'm not obsessive or anything. Really *shifty eyes*)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
You can't hotlink to ex-astris-scientia!
Found another picture, though it lacks the hair.

I seriously hate ex-astris-scientia () just did a quick Google for the character and didn't notice it was from there. (again, ).
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Found another picture, though it lacks the hair.

I seriously hate ex-astris-scientia () just did a quick Google for the character and didn't notice it was from there. (again, ).
If you use firefox, get the imgur plug in and you can simply right click on a picture and simply re-host it, elsewhere.

=edit=

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/ridoT.jpg

The reason they don't allow hotlinking is that click throughs on the images sends the traffic through their site. So if an image gets posted here in a popular thread, by a popular person, they might get thousands of click throughs to that image or images. If the image is close to 1mb, that could be several gigs of traffic on their site and it might impact their server. Being that star trek images could be considered a very popular search, that could be a bad thing. Re-hosting it is nicer as it doesn't hurt their servers.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
Something I've been wondering for a looooooong time, lol. :p
Is there any chance we can name our Aliens so that if I look like a Cardassian and sound like a Cardassian and Taste like a Cardassian my character can be called a Cardassian and not Custom Alien Varient 1. Though I would much prefere a Cardassian species added as this stops my trips to the tailor offering me a large green headed tencicle creature as a change in uniform option at this point I'll take just about anything!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
strange things missing like...perhaps...those Romulan pieces I mentioned earlier :p feel free to support this movement in the below thread, denizens..

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=202734&page=6
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
strange things missing like...perhaps...those Romulan pieces I mentioned earlier :p feel free to support this movement in the below thread, denizens..

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=202734&page=6
Seconded. Wait, since you posted about it after me, does that make you second and me first and third?