Lt. Commander
# 271
01-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Donovan
I too just purchased the lifetime. While I did not expect STO to be planned as an on-going work in progress (I had hoped it would be much more 'finished'), I have very much enjoyed my time here and look forward to every improvement. Because that's what STO clearly is and is intended to be, right? A constantly evolving and improving game? Or am I just nutters?

Quick question, does my name and title (career officer) show up as it is supposed to?
You do not display the Career officer forum title as of this post, sorry.

Also, any MMO is a living, breathing, developing product. These days, and in general, they are expected to be released in a much more finished stage, yes, but they will still constantly evolve and change. It is their nature.
Lt. Commander
# 272
01-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Donovan

Quick question, does my name and title (career officer) show up as it is supposed to?
You have to turn that on yourself. Click on 'My Account" at the top of the forum page then click "group memberships' on the list. You can turn on the title there.
Lt. Commander
# 273
02-02-2011, 06:57 AM
I picked up the lifetime subscription just like 3 or 4 days ago, after having site or browser issues with renewing a game card. I never really did figure out which... Thankfully, I won't have to worry about anything like that anymore. My next purchases for STO will be in the C-Store.

Before anyone asks me where's the blue "Career Officer" title on my posts, I'm debating whether to go with it yet, as I really don't want anyone to think I'm going to bash them over the head with it, as some may have done previously.

I will say this, though. I am a serious Star Trek fan, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what cool new stories come up next. Can't wait for the newest feature series hitting on Saturday.

"See you... out there!" -- Q "All Good Things" [TNG-Season 7]
Lt. Commander
# 274
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I just bought a Life Time Subscription. I look at it his way. It is less than a standard 2 year subscription ($14/month) and the same as two yearly subscriptions ( $120/yr). So end of this year it will be 50% payed off and then end of next year 100% payed off, then FREE from that point on. Just in case the monthly fee goes up anytime in the next 24 months, it just pays for itself early. Also remember NO fee hike from now on.
I prefer life time subscriptions. I have one I got back in 1980 at $190. Today the same life time subscription is over $800. So they do pay for themselves quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 275
02-04-2011, 07:05 AM
I've been trying since last night to pick up the LTS, but I keep getting an error.

"We are unable to process your order temporarily. Please try again. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Anybody else see this? I've already logged a ticket,but am getting somewhat antsy because the deadline for the offer is looming.

If this is a global problem and not just one with my account, I hope Cryptic will extend the sale to allow us last-minute folks a chance to purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 276
02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I had the same problem and couldn't actually do it in time it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 277
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornKnight
I had the same problem and couldn't actually do it in time it seems.
I got mine around noon time today (Friday Feb 4th, 2011 - EST)...

Had a bit of a problem, but it turned out I hadn't updated my Credit Card in a while.
(also had to dash out this morning to cash my paycheck and pay some bills.)

So I just squeaked in under the wire.
Lt. Commander
# 278
02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Got mine this morning. Frankly, I'm having a blast with STO. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next. This latest patch is a fantastic overhaul. Keep it coming!
Lt. Commander
# 279
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm still arguing with Customer so-called Service about this.
They had the gall to copy and paste their "I'm sorry, your card was declined, please try the purchase again" script on me TWICE.

I'm extremely frustrated. Once upon a time, you could CALL Cryptic directly and talk to someone that was usually helpful. I had great luck back in the nightmare days when STO first launched and we had all sorts of account confusion. Now we get to "chat" with someone that doesn't have the power to actually do anything and then forwarded off to some online ticket system that, at least in my case, seems intent on blowing me off or seems to be manned by robots.

Cryptic, we want your customer service back!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 280
02-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie3000
I'm still arguing with Customer so-called Service about this.
They had the gall to copy and paste their "I'm sorry, your card was declined, please try the purchase again" script on me TWICE.

I'm extremely frustrated. Once upon a time, you could CALL Cryptic directly and talk to someone that was usually helpful. I had great luck back in the nightmare days when STO first launched and we had all sorts of account confusion. Now we get to "chat" with someone that doesn't have the power to actually do anything and then forwarded off to some online ticket system that, at least in my case, seems intent on blowing me off or seems to be manned by robots.

Cryptic, we want your customer service back!!!!!!
if thats been solved, or not, i'd like to know. just curious as to hoe cryptic treat people in your possition.
Closed Thread