Lt. Commander
# 1 locked out = dumb
02-21-2011, 08:20 AM
First of all, I'm not mad, you just have to understand how I talk about stuff. Maybe a little... mind boggled about this, but not mad. Just imagine Samuel L. Jackson sayin this stuff and it should come across right. Okay.

Been playing a KDF side character and having some fun with it, and the levels were flying by. I found a spot I really liked, the Chos Nebula, where you warp in and there's Cardassians everywhere. Then suddenly, after a certain level, I was locked out of it. Can't get in at all.

Now, I can understand keeping a brand new toon out of there, since they would get toasted, but... this was my new favorite spot. Not that it was all that great or anything, I'm sure different people will like different things, but it was my new favorite and now I CAN'T PLAY IT.

And that, my dear devs, is what makes people log out.... stick in another disc.... and play something else.

You might say, "Well, why dontcha just go do the Azlesa Expanse missions?" Because, this is a Star Trek game, and I want space ships flying around shootin lasers. Cuz it's Star Trek. I'm tired of those.... cluster missions where you go exploring and can go for 3 hours between space missions. Runnin around shootin tribble lairs until my heads about to cave in.

You might say, "Just go to that Borg nebula and grind on them". Borg are cheap. They actually have a "Borg Shield Neutralizer" lol. I wonder how many times that's been googled? It's just cheap stuff like that. Yeah, I guess I'll be speccing up the HazardEmitters and Polarize Hull etc. pretty soon.

And then there's that blue lookin nebula to the north, and I totally missed that one, I don't even know who that one was supposed to be.

(I even went to that one area where you're supposed to rescue the ships from near the asteroids, and there's like... a krillion fed ships everywhere. I waded around in that mess, was in my carrier, for a good 45 minutes, but just decided, this $#!^ is ridiculous, and warped out.)

The devs need to scale the nebulas according to your level, and then....

let us BACK IN!!

Every time I beam down to Qu'onos that Lt. Mara is telling me about these very places, so... maybe it's time to change all that. Make her missions more.... comprehensive or something?

There. I said what I wanted to say, and I feel a little better.

And speaking of "locked out", why is it you can't trade in for Emblems until max rank, and yet, there are things you could use at LOWER rank, that require Emblems to get? Is that just to torture us, or is it part of the same screw up as when they made Lieutenant General higher than Major General? Maybe those two ranks are somehow swapped around in the wrong places?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Let us just get the root of the problem...

WE WANT MORE KLINGON CONTENT!

is what you really mean...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NethernyC View Post
And speaking of "locked out", why is it you can't trade in for Emblems until max rank, and yet, there are things you could use at LOWER rank, that require Emblems to get? Is that just to torture us, or is it part of the same screw up as when they made Lieutenant General higher than Major General? Maybe those two ranks are somehow swapped around in the wrong places?
As a note, Lieutenant General is supposed to be higher than Major General. In most countries, the order is "Brigadier General, Major General, Lieutenant General, General". It wasn't a "screw up".
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
As a note, Lieutenant General is supposed to be higher than Major General. In most countries, the order is "Brigadier General, Major General, Lieutenant General, General". It wasn't a "screw up".
Perhaps the fact that "Major General" was once "Sergeant-Major General" in earlier days might help to explain the discrepancy?