Lt. Commander
# 6971
02-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow! that was amazing! Can you make it do barrel rolls too?

Also if you want to take over the world, you could just ask. I haven't really done much with it since I took it over June 25th 2005.
Lt. Commander
# 6972
02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
Wow! that was amazing! Can you make it do barrel rolls too?

Also if you want to take over the world, you could just ask. I haven't really done much with it since I took it over June 25th 2005.
Ruling the world is not nearly as much fun as taking it over.
Lt. Commander
# 6973
02-22-2011, 09:32 AM
True, but it sure looks nice on a resume
Lt. Commander
# 6974
02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Ruling the world is not nearly as much fun as taking it over.
Alexander the Great would agree with you. Maybe one reason he kept going after the conquest of the Persian Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 6975
02-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Taking over the world is about the challenge, the thrill of the hunt, the complex and intricate plans used in the game. It is the ultimate game. The greatest game. But once you succeed, that thrill is gone. What is there to do after you have the entire world at your beck and call? Sure you can try for the galaxy, but most of that is empty space. And it takes forever to get anywhere. No, for the present, taking over the world is the end-all of accomplishments. Success is the true mark of a genius.

But ruling the world once conquered, that is a job that no sane man wants. It is so much harder and much less fulfilling to rule then it is conquer. To conquer you see your borders expand. You get to laugh an evil laugh as the hostile color that has been assigned to you by the "news" media spread across the globe. But to rule would be to keep what you have. You never make any tangible progress. The valiant patriots who once made last stands against you are gone, replaced by clamoring rebels. The worthy foes have been usurped by toadying sycophants.

No, conquering the world is my objective. Once I have done so, I will retire and let the petty bureaucrats and stuffed suits do the grim, unfulfilling chore of ruling.
Lt. Commander
# 6976
02-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Alexander the Great would agree with you. Maybe one reason he kept going after the conquest of the Persian Empire.
Think of it like an overly intricate unnecessarily slow dipping mechanism. It is fun to funnel all your desire for revenge and inflicting pain into the design. It is really fun Strapping somebody into it and watching them squirm as they descend into the pool of sharks, but once they hit the water fun is over. Time for a new hobby.
Lt. Commander
# 6977
02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
No, conquering the world is my objective. Once I have done so, I will retire and let the petty bureaucrats and stuffed suits do the grim, unfulfilling chore of ruling.
If you don't die from a nosebleed first.
Lt. Commander
# 6978
02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Don't make jokes like that.

I get at least 1 nosebleed a month and in the past week alone I've had at least 5.
Lt. Commander
# 6979
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Thats right. Nose bleeds are serious business. Just listen to that lead in music!
Lt. Commander
# 6980
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
You could do a "Code Geass" and have an assassin kill you after conquering the world. You know, go out with a bang since you don't have anything to do then.