Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Good to hear.

I can't even imagine what Foundry might be like a year from now, though I guess it will be a lot more complicated to use as well.

Those people who are waiting to use it only when it hits Holodeck, might be seriously hard knocked when they try and make something. I've put countless hours in and I still learn new stuff by using it, watching the vids (like the ones you make), by reading up on StarbaseUGC, and by playing other people's missions.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I was opposed greatly to the Advisory council.

have no problem with this and here are my reasons:

It was all about the foundry, and it involved some community members that have showed a real desire to make the foundry a good experience and real tool to develop content.

It was recorded and released, something that was thought about after but also made the information discussed available to me.

I don't have a problem with it, I just hope that in the future any other elements of the game that are discussed are talked about with people with similar knowledge in that area.

If there is a discussion it should be recorded and a feedback thread stickied so everyone gets to have a say.
or even some polling done on certain features.

either way since the advisory council was scrapped we saw that Cryptic began putting more into the forums and reaching out to everyone, they heard the reaction and responded very well to the desires of the community, something they continue to do now. I'm not to worried about something like the advisory council returning, rather I see the current mode we have becoming more refined and a great example is some of the podcasts filtering the information along.

I really appreciate the effort in recording and posting this, and the willingness of all parties to let us hear it, to me this speaks volumes on the mindset of the people involved, and their commitment to making this open to all the community.