Lt. Commander
# 61
02-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The OP's gripe was that Season 3 was named after tools he contended weren't in-game. Well, the tools he mentioned are devs ones, been in-game since before launch, the Foundry isn't named after the Genesis tools (at all), nor is the Season name necessarily related to the Foundry, and the Foundry comes out within 30 days.
I agree with pretty much everything you said except for that. Semantics aside, I think its pretty obvious that Season 3 was named "Genesis" because it was introducing the system that would allow us to create "strange new worlds". Theres really nothing else that came out(or is planned) for Season 3 that that name has any application to.

Also, is it actually written in stone that the Foundry will be live within 30 days or is that just the plan atm?
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-23-2011, 07:23 AM
*Hands out popcorn* Just got a fresh shipment.

You guys are being too rough on the OP, I think the poor fellow has been beaten into the ground enough. *Offers a cold compress*

It is refreshing to see Boss Stahl comin' in here sayin', "IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR" though. No sarcasm. If he's emotionally invested and protective of the work that's being done, that means good things for the game. Means he cares.

Just be glad they didn't outright lock or delete the thread. Gives us a chance to argue our points without resorting to personal attacks. Er, ideally speaking.

Love,
Romulan Ambassador for Peace and Harmony
Do not examine my belongings, I'm sure that ticking sound is just your imagination.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?
This! Such threads are started because the person who started had the idea to start it without any serious substance.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?
You think?

Responding seriously to "posters of a certain theme" probably isn't warranted. You're the man in charge, I'm sure you have moderation privileges on these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I agree with pretty much everything you said except for that. Semantics aside, I think its pretty obvious that Season 3 was named "Genesis" because it was introducing the system that would allow us to create "strange new worlds". Theres really nothing else that came out(or is planned) for Season 3 that that name has any application to.

Also, is it actually written in stone that the Foundry will be live within 30 days or is that just the plan atm?
I had assumed it was named Genesis after the Project Genesis in ST II and III - since Sector Space was getting re-done, much like the Genesis planet (and Spock) were reset.

That's why I thought Season 3 was named the way it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

Once the bugs get shaken out and there's a brief testing on tribble, it'll go to holodeck fairly quickly.

I can't talk about it much other than to say it's got some great stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I can't talk about it much other than to say it's got some great stuff.
LOL yeah, I'm on redshirt too. I was asking about the release date though, not the features
Closed Thread