Lt. Commander
# 11 Agreed
02-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Yes watch the voyager epic !!

Where Tom says to Kim this ship was origanly build for battle and not for accustics .
Same as defiant its a war ship not an cruising sale to Risa.
I picked up nice detail allong the way here !

I would like maybe they will implement it changeable crew I want to be tactical and Actuly I like to fly the Galaxy Class starship and one thing aint right Picard was Captain not an VA and he was Sience and not an Engineer .

I think they can loose the detail what char is flying what ship .
You should just fly whatever you like.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2011, 03:53 AM
its 30 years in the future, its not the defiant from the show. its a retrofit. a new ship. why would they build it the same way they built the prototype? The prototype 'uss defiant' was built as a test bed for new technologies, specifically weapons/defenses against the borg.

that means everything else was secondary. crew accommodation and or comfort. The defiant was intended as a short range, patrol vessel to be attached to a base station. Similar to off shore short range patrol vessels we have today.

So after the class was successful, why build it exactly the same way? Sparse, and no creature comforts?

Logic would dictate they would stick to the hull space frame, the proven technologies, plus other advances, and add creature comforts and possibly redesign the interior. It's also very likely to have holosuite, and not even a holodeck.

And I am sure again in the future, there don't need to be 'multiple' holodecks on a ship. but one holodeck or holosuite can accomodate more than one program with multi emitters, and separated zones for each program.

so yeah, you're not flying the 'defiant' as you know it, or it'd be from the museum.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Being funny
02-23-2011, 06:38 AM
O you sugest they put an 1701 E Engine room into the defiant class destroyer - And a mess hall As big as from an galaxy class and turbolifts and other stuff Realy my men then you realy no trekkie at all sorry.

Greets Jetal
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2011, 06:48 AM
The interior of the Defiant class may need work but the game stats that govern combat mechanics are fine the way they are in my opinion. Its a tough little ship if played well.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Offcourse
02-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The interior of the Defiant class may need work but the game stats that govern combat mechanics are fine the way they are in my opinion. Its a tough little ship if played well.
Offcourse it's a fine ship its a bit slow I'm trying to beef it up a little. but it's a fine ship.
It's only the interior thats what my complain was because i like to walk around the ship from time to time.
And if you don't care than your not a real trekkie.....!!!!!

Greetz Jetal
Lt. Commander
# 16 About the defiant
02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
As off today the U.S.S. Defiant is still in service of DS9 space station .
And the Defiant is not changed a bit maybe some new Titanium along the way and some new software .
But other then that it's still their .

Greetz Jetal