# 111
02-23-2011, 07:36 AM
I just hope the veteran jacket unzips.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
It makes plenty of sense, actually. Most parents don't let their kids play video games with an M rating,
I have met a lot more teenagers in *** than in STO. I said it in one of my above postings, I'd be surprised if the average STO player is any less than 25 years old, and I personally assume them to be in their mid-30s rather. Kids seem to be making up a single-digit number of STO's playerbase %, at least to my experience (not sure if even Cryptic has any real numbers on that, though).
Also, while I agree that SOME parents don't let their kids play M rated games, many do. I am a parent too, and I assure you I couldn't care any less about these ratings because I know how silly their criteria are they use to make them.

Personally I can see your point, and I'd much rather see the ESRB adapt their rating criteria to the 21st century instead of using middle-age moral standards for rating sexual content in games, but I am not sure if that's a possible to do anytime soon. The M rating seems to be the easier way to go for now.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimyrielle
This statement alone disqualifies your words so extremely that really nobody can take you for serious anymore. People like you or Wildcard454 cannot argue their points without having to insult or belittle others for having an opinion that isn't their own, can you? Or making dumb, stupid and insulting assumptions about them.
No, it does not disqualify me or anyone else. To counter your nonsense, how can we take you seriously when you are arguing over your desire to change a game's ESRB rating simply because you would like more virtual cleavage in STO? Take a step away from your keyboard and into the real world for a minute think about what you are arguing about.

Cryptic/Atari wants STO to have the "T" rating. That is their business model and how they want to market the game. There are plenty of other video games available where you can see all the virtual boobs you want. Go and play those.
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
No, it does not disqualify me or anyone else. To counter your nonsense, how can we take you seriously when you are arguing over your desire to change a game's ESRB rating simply because you would like more virtual cleavage in STO? Take a step away from your keyboard and into the real world for a minute think about what you are arguing about.

Cryptic/Atari wants STO to have the "T" rating. That is their business model and how they want to market the game. There are plenty of other video games available where you can see all the virtual boobs you want. Go and play those.
No, that's not it. The basic point behind my arguing is that I am one of those who consider it utterly braindead to consider mild sexual content, including skimpy clothing, to be harmful for children. Which is, yes, why the ESRB needs to wake up and stop being morons that force their own/conservative idea of morality on the rest of us.
They basically need to change their rating system in a way that let parents see in a simple manner what sort of content is in the game, so they can decide whether or not they want to give that game to their kids. Unfortunately parents don't agree much on what's good for their kids, so a over-simplicistic T or M mark doesn't quite cut it.

Oh, and if I want to see not virtual but real boobs, I can do that. Really anytime I wish. Go figure. So go ahead and continue making stupid, dumb and insulting assumptions about my motives behind my arguing. I can assure that my own assumptions about you and people who argue like you do aren't exactly favourable either.
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Guess American children should never visit beaches, as exposing them to all the scantily clad women in bikini's and what not would be harmful for them.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
The basic point behind my arguing is that I am one of those who consider it utterly braindead to consider mild sexual content, including skimpy clothing, to be harmful for children. Which is, yes, why the ESRB needs to wake up and stop being morons that force their own/conservative idea of morality on the rest of us.
And yet, it is perfectly fine for you to try and force your idea of morality on everyone else? Sorry, I don't think so. You are making the "braindead" assumption that every other person playing STO shares the same moral, societal and cultural background and views as you. They do not. What you consider "mild", someone else will consider "extreme". In order for Cryptic and Atari to reach the widest possible market audience, they want STO to carry the "T" rating. It is not rocket science to understand that.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
And yet, it is perfectly fine for you to try and force your idea of morality on everyone else? Sorry, I don't think so.
I don't do that. I don't force anyone to wear skimpy clothing, neither in real life nor in a game. As far as I am concerned the bible-thumpers can run around in the christian version of a burqa all day and even force their kids to do the same. Their choice. I don't care.

They have no right to tell me what to wear or not to wear though, or what my kids see or not see, but that's EXACTLY what those people love to do so much and the ESRB reflects that attitude quite perfectly so.
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Guess American children should never visit beaches, as exposing them to all the scantily clad women in bikini's and what not would be harmful for them.
The BP oil spill keeps them away.
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
I don't do that. I don't force anyone to wear skimpy clothing, neither in real life nor in a game. As far as I am concerned the bible-thumpers can run around in the christian version of a burqa all day and even force their kids to do the same. Their choice. I don't care.
And yet here you are spewing how Cryptic/Atari/ESRB ratings are all conspiring against you to keep you from seeing your virtual cleavage... and how they should change the game rating (and ESRB ratings system in general) to make it more suited to your liking... and everyone else who does not share your opinion be damned.

Your own words;

Quote:
The basic point behind my arguing is that I am one of those who consider it utterly braindead to consider mild sexual content, including skimpy clothing, to be harmful for children. Which is, yes, why the ESRB needs to wake up and stop being morons that force their own/conservative idea of morality on the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
The BP oil spill keeps them away.
So you're saying the BO oil spill was part of a rigt wing conspiracy to keep people away from real life nudity?

That's brilliant!
Closed Thread