Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Anyone else getting some kind of patch downloading after closing down STO around the past hour?

Patching 1190MB
It happened with me today, and it is a "Pre-Patch" for items coming up on 2-24 release.

I see an allert for it on the Launch screen.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey folks,

Moving forward this will become a standard operating procedure for us. As you expected, we've enabled pre-patching for the next build of Star Trek Online. This is being done to reduce your download times once the patch is released later this week.

Going forward, we'll make sure to update the forums in the release notes section once pre-patching has been enabled, and also to place a message in the release notes section of the Star Trek Online Launcher.

I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Only problem is...Usually when I log out, it's because I'm about to shut down my computer. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Hey folks,

Moving forward this will become a standard operating procedure for us. As you expected, we've enabled pre-patching for the next build of Star Trek Online. This is being done to reduce your download times once the patch is released later this week.

Going forward, we'll make sure to update the forums in the release notes section once pre-patching has been enabled, and also to place a message in the release notes section of the Star Trek Online Launcher.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Can we get a Patch Notes posted on what is being added/patched, plz?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith View Post
Some Questions on this if a Dev is still following this thread.

1) Is Pre Patching going to be mandatory going forward, or can we skip it and take on a patch like we did in the past prior to logging in?

2) Is there a way to disable it?

3) Is this Patch being completed in a different way than they have previously? The overall Footprint of STO has increased so much, that I am now having to expand my Windows partition on my Mac to accomidate the growing footprint. Previously patches had little to no change on the STO Footprint.

On the Pre Patching, I am asking to disable it because the timing is a bit strange; Simple reasoning;

- I log into STO when I have time to play,

- I log out when I need my system for other things, or when I simply need to go.

The Timing (when Pre Patching wants to occur) is inconvenient, and simply not a good fit for my ( and possibly many other) laptop users. I am fine with the old way of having to wait for the patch to play, in those cases, I had the time set aside for anything STO, including patching.
I haven't seen it yet... but I'm sure it has a cancel button, just click it and go about your business as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
You guys do realize that the "pre-patch" thing that pops up after you exit out of STO has a message on it saying "This is a pre-patch etc. etc." and listing the details.

Right?

RIGHT?

Just checking. All the major info (or at least what the OP was asking) is in that box that pops up so if you just read that, you'll be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
I haven't seen it yet... but I'm sure it has a cancel button, just click it and go about your business as usual.
You are correct, you can cancel. However that is only a part of the series of questions I posted, and not really a fix.

I would prefer to have the option to patch prior to logging in (as it used to be). In current form, if I am interested in Pre-Patching, I need to log in, load a charicter, then log out of the game.

In this case, many of us were in game, closed out, and were presented with a patching window and the start of a download. History has also shown, that it isn't a great idea to cancel a patch after it is started. In some cases, it breaks the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil0812 View Post
You guys do realize that the "pre-patch" thing that pops up after you exit out of STO has a message on it saying "This is a pre-patch etc. etc." and listing the details.

Right?

RIGHT?

Just checking. All the major info (or at least what the OP was asking) is in that box that pops up so if you just read that, you'll be fine.
Please see..

Quote:
Hey folks,

Thanks,

Stormshade

At the time this post was created, no notes were in the launcher, on the forums, or anyplace online. In the here and now, it is posted for the world to see.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
That's a large update for this week, wonder what's coming
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
That's a large update for this week, wonder what's coming
-Open Jacket Uniforms
-Varity of Melee Weapons