Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Atari, you are catching up to SOE in regards to poor customer service! And we, the paying players, don't deserve the treatment your staff give us.

I have reported errors and problems with several missions. The response is becoming ever more increasingly the same: It's labeled "Resolved" and ignored. The last one was from Chris at Atari Support who either ignored the problem or doesn't care to put forth the effort to understand the problem.

The latest was a glitch where after I chose to "arrest" Obesik in FROZEN, the transport inhibitor doesn't trigger completion of the mission when you interact with it. There are some specifics, but honeslty repeating this mission again would be more than annoying now that I've found the same glitch twice at the same spot. I can already visualize the reponse... 'Exit the mission and let the timer reset', or 'Drop and retake the mission', or the ever popular 'Thanks for telling about this. Now go away because we don't care'. In any event, I expect the ticket to be marked "Resolved" and the problem ignored like the others. Eventually I will have to redo the mission and chose to side with Obesik just to be certain the mission will complete.

Anyone ever think of TESTING this stuff you stick in the patches? Hey, there's an idea!..

Finding missions where the enemies spawn in buildings and you can't get to them to complete the mission? Been told to reset or retake the mission? Tried it and found it still busted and then said something only to have Atari "resolve" your ticket and blow you off? Same here...

Found a mission where the first camp spawned, but none of the others did? Wrote a report on that only to have them tell you to reset it/retake it and you did that and found it still busted? Bet ya they marked your report "Resovled" and ignored it after you updated your report.

Honeslty what is the point of anyone trying to report issues if Atari is merely pretending to care.

Atari. The next SOE.

This could have been a great game...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Uhm... WHY are you telling Atari, rather than Cryptic, about the bugs? Try using "/bug" in the chat box in-game to log a bug, the wizard should be fairly self explanatory. Then the bug will get logged with Cryptic, rather than some schmuck at Atari who doesn't deal with in-game bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2011, 03:03 AM
I am assuming he did use the Atari Support Portal where Cryptic's support system is integrated in:

GM Tickets and Bug Tickets are two different things:

A GM Ticket exists so you get a hopefully immediate response. I say hopefully because it doesn't happen immediately and not even within the 24 hour window they promsied currently. (I guess they need to hire new personnel to fix this... Which might either require resources they don't get or time that hasn't passed yet). But the goal here ultimately is: Help this player find a way to get around his problem. The ticket's job is not to inform a developer that he needs to fix this bug once and for all. (Though this might eventually happen, as reports pile up and the errors are forewarded to the development team).

A Bug ticket exists to inform Cryptic about a bug you encountered and does not imply that you need an immediate response. It is added to the pile of bugs the game already has and at some point, a developer will hopefully get it assigned and fix it. But you'll never hear anything more as a reply then what boils down to "Thanks for the bug report."

The answer the "Atari guy" gave you is pretty much exactly the type of answer you can expect. He can't go in and fix the code.
He can just tell you a work-around on how to adress it. It's not optimal, but it's better then being stuck forever and not having a clue that you need to wait some time for the mission to reset for you before you can try again.

Even if you could directly communicate with a developer, even he cannot go in and fix the code just like that. The mission was released on Saturday. A fix might take an hour or more to be implemented. And then, the entire game has to be rebuild, send to Quallity Assurance to make sure the fix did not break something else unexpectedly. And then the servers must be updated (maintainance taking 1-2 hours typically going by all the previous scheduled downtimes), and then all players must update their game.

Needless to say, excepting all this to happen within 2 days over the week-end is not quite realistic...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Atari owns Cryptic, it's a daughter-cumpany. Atari is also responsible for the servers of Test Drive Unlimited, and guess what ... those are nearly always either down or overflown. European players can't cunnect at all usually, even Americans have problems staying in for longer than an hour before getting booted. Don't expect too much from Atari, butt Cryptic actually does quite a good job, they have improved a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Well people thats the thing about Cryptic, if you report a huge bug that can be seen by alot of people at once they will fix it.If you report a bug in exploration clusters etc there is a 5% chance they will fix it.How do i know this ? there are still many bugs all over that we reported right after head start that is still in the game.
There is still enemy encounters in sto were the players spawn is on the eng of the map and enemy npc ships are on the out side of the box firing on you, planets with it's axis all messes up in DS9 zeta what ever space. And the list goooooes on. Reporting bugs in STO is pointless unless they are in the weeklys or tutorial.They will try sometimes and say they are fixing bugs but they dont.Chech patch notes, minor stuff now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Atari owns Cryptic, it's a daughter-cumpany. Atari is also responsible for the servers of Test Drive Unlimited, and guess what ... those are nearly always either down or overflown. European players can't cunnect at all usually, even Americans have problems staying in for longer than an hour before getting booted. Don't expect too much from Atari, butt Cryptic actually does quite a good job, they have improved a lot.
So, by this understanding Daimler ist responsible for Smart buildig jerky, rolling matchboxes, they call cars, and if some Smart break down, Daimler have to fix it? O'rly?

If you want a direct connection to the support, than go to the developement base. At STO there ist the STO Cryptic team. Those guys can understand what problems you might have with the game and fix those things, not Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Can't compare the two.
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
So, by this understanding Daimler ist responsible for Smart buildig jerky, rolling matchboxes, they call cars, and if some Smart break down, Daimler have to fix it? O'rly?

If you want a direct connection to the support, than go to the developement base. At STO there ist the STO Cryptic team. Those guys can understand what problems you might have with the game and fix those things, not Atari.
You can't compare the two. Not only are they totally different industries, they are two different companies. A parent company can have a little or a lot to do with a parent company. It isn't set in stone, which is what your suggesting.

We are now buying Atari Tokens for the C-Store. I'd say Atari's involvement is pretty substantial.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2011, 12:25 AM
I just had a issue where my ship selection interface was blank or the ships were all named the same with the same information like i had 3 of the same ship and 2 with no names and information on my KDF character while i was trying to get rid of my Toron shuttle. Instead i lost my 400 day shuttle becouse i couldn't tell it was she wrong ship. AND IT DELEATED WITH THE NAME OF THE TORON SHUTTLE INSTEAD OF THE NAME I SET. So i sent in a GM request for retrieval but that was reclassified as a bug report so i sent in another complaining about the inadiquite servace and a demand for retrieval of my lost item, but apparently lossing an item from a quite major game breaking bug/glitch does not classify you for item assistance. Apparently they only do assistance to like fleets who have been hijacked and only from when they had issues with fleet banks. And now i cant get it back, apperently ever once you get your 400 day ship don't remove it or you cant get it back and btw the 2 ship spots pluss a few more are still open. But i was finnaly able to get my ship back just a few seconds ago from the button that magically appeared after making this post and posting about it.