Lt. Commander
# 51
02-24-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Because, if there is equal chance of "winning" youll have one group that PvE all day long there, and random PvPers that doesnt find any PvP there. By making it a risk/reward system, you promote PvP, while making it "useable" for the PvE crowd.

Ker'rat:

Fed 1 : Stop ganking me, Im here for the PvE
KDF 1: This a PvP zone, cant deal with it, dont enter!

Instead it would work like this:

Fed 1: Stop ganking me, Im here for PvE.
KDF 1: Then disable PvP, you can still complete missions, grind loot.
Yes, but you are working with a premise that "ganking" is a bad thing. It's not. Some people like it. STO at this moment has only one place where you can do that: Kerrat. You can go for pure pve anywhere else. You can go arenas and CTF's for pure pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Yes, but you are working with a premise that "ganking" is a bad thing. It's not. Some people like it. STO at this moment has only one place where you can do that: Kerrat. You can go for pure pve anywhere else. You can go arenas and CTF's for pure pvp.
I love PvP so i dont have a problem with it but a game should let people choose if they want to PvP or not. At least if u want more customers.

Now there should be a bigger open PvP zone somewhere in game.

Kerrat is also a zone to complete PvE missions. Now when u purely play PvE and have a mission in Kerrat u should not be bothered by gankers. Thats obvious.

Offcourse real gankers wont aggree because they get their fun out of ganking players and annoy them.

Personally i prefer a good PvP fight with someone who knows what to do instead of ganking someone with no PvP skills who is PvE orientated but apperantly there are real gankers in this game.

So there should be a open PvP zone where they can gank themselfs and others and where PvPrs can have some fun but Kerrat needs to be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radjezz View Post
I love PvP so i dont have a problem with it but a game should let people choose if they want to PvP or not. At least if u want more customers.

Now there should be a bigger open PvP zone somewhere in game.

Kerrat is also a zone to complete PvE missions. Now when u purely play PvE and have a mission in Kerrat u should not be bothered by gankers. Thats obvious.

Offcourse real gankers wont aggree because they get their fun out of ganking players and annoy them.

Personally i prefer a good PvP fight with someone who knows what to do instead of ganking someone with no PvP skills who is PvE orientated but apperantly there are real gankers in this game.

So there should be a open PvP zone where they can gank themselfs and others and where PvPrs can have some fun but Kerrat needs to be changed.
It DOES let you choose. You don't like PvP? Don't go Kerrat. Kerrat is explicitly an open PvP zone. Noone forces you to go there, mate.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
It DOES let you choose. You don't like PvP? Don't go Kerrat. Kerrat is explicitly an open PvP zone. Noone forces you to go there, mate.
So when Icheb gives u the daily to a PvE player who does not like PvP he should just dont go there and quit?
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
So when Icheb gives u the daily to a PvE player who does not like PvP he should just dont go there and quit?
Yes exactly, you do something else. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. You don't like PvP? You don't go PvP missions. Simple as that. I really dislike Deferi dailies, that's why I don't do them.

Some have fun ganking, should they be deprived of it just because YOU don't like it?
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
True, but its also one of the very few places to get MK XII stuff..

Just let the PvE crowd be able to participate in safety, but have a carrot there to persuade them to activate PvP..
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
True, but its also one of the very few places to get MK XII stuff..

Just let the PvE crowd be able to participate in safety, but have a carrot there to persuade them to activate PvP..
Oh.... I see. That's where the rabbit hole goes. "We want free stuff without any danger". Why should anyone have the same stuff as those who grind it in danger of being ganked? More danger, better loot. That sounds fair, doesn't it? Besides, you can always buy it off the Exchange...
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Yes exactly, you do something else. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. You don't like PvP? You don't go PvP missions. Simple as that. I really dislike Deferi dailies, that's why I don't do them.

Some have fun ganking, should they be deprived of it just because YOU don't like it?
You DO know that that daily is to get marks of honor so when u dont do it it also wont give u a new one so u are saying those people should just stop getting those marks because u find it funny to gank people who do not want to PvP?

There is nothing wrong with open world PvP but how kerrat is working is just not very good.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
You DO know that that daily is to get marks of honor so when u dont do it it also wont give u a new one so u are saying those people should just stop getting those marks because u find it funny to gank people who do not want to PvP?

There is nothing wrong with open world PvP but how kerrat is working is just not very good.
Kerrat has bugs, but the open pvp concept (eg. ability to gank) is not one of them.
And yes I know it gives emblems - so what, you skip a few emblems, it's not like that's some tragedy.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Kerrat has bugs, but the open pvp concept (eg. ability to gank) is not one of them.
And yes I know it gives emblems - so what, you skip a few emblems, it's not like that's some tragedy.
Well you are saying it is a game, it should be fun.

For a pure PVE player its totally not funny to skip emblems due to gankers. And that is the problem. You want it to be fun but also those others. And this is an MMO and everyone should have fun.

That's why Kerrat needs to be changed. That's why there should be a real open world PvP zone where someone who does not like PvP should not have to venture in for PvE content.

I would totally sign for a real PvP zone where there is some real fighting instead of waiting till a poor PvEr comes in and gank him.